Kapalbhati pranayama : Yoga Awareness
2 years ago
Kapalbhati pranayama is also known as breath on fire and widely practiced in various therapy related to weight loss, respiratory problems, allergies, and many more. This is one of the most effective Pranayam form Hatha yoga and if you are someone interested to do Kapalbhati pranayama technique then it is important to know the do’s and don’t in the technique, as this aspect of yoga is very intense and may cause harm if not performed effectively!
Benefits of Kapalbahti
Each breathing practice has something different to do with your body and if we talk about Kapal Bhati, then there are numerous benefits associated with it. This breathing technique not only keeps one calm but also used in various yoga therapies.
- As the name says, it actually put your breath on fire that means this breathing technique generate heat in the body along with the active movement of the abdomen region and thus proves to be one of the best technique to tone your abdomen muscles and improves digestion.
- Kapalbahti involves forceful exhalation of air from the body and hence release the maximum amount of carbon dioxide from the body.
- Forceful exhalation improves the strength of lung muscles and nourishes your respiratory tract.
- Widely practiced to reduce belly fat
- Kapalbhati is also known as skull shining breath, as it provides internal glow to the body and lowers lethargy in the system.
- Practicing Kapalbhati promotes positive vibration in the head and thus increases concentration and focus time of the practitioner.
- Apart from the physical aspects, Kapalbahti proves to unlock the energies of chakras in the human body.
Who should avoid Kapalbahti Pranayam?
Each pranayama practice has its pros and limitations, these pranayama techniques may prove to be dangerous if not taken care of the following
- Pregnant women are advised to desist from this form of pranayamas it forcefully contracts the abdomen region and may harm the fetal.
- People suffering from high blood pressure should not practice Kapalbahti as the forceful strokes may further increase the blood flow and heat in the body.
- It is recommended to practice Kapalbhati under the guidance of a verified yoga teacher, as people suffering from heart disease may face problems in the future.
- Yes, it will help you to reduce belly fat but do not overdo it.
YOGA FOR KIDS | YOGA FOR TEENAGERS | YOGA FOR SENIORS | YOGA FOR BACK PAIN | YOGA FOR KNEE PAIN | YOGA FOR HEALTHY HEART | YOGA FOR STRESS RELIEF | YOGA FOR WEIGHT LOSS | YOGA AND PRANAYAMA | BENEFITS OF PRANAYAMA | YOGA FOR BEGINNERS | WORKPLACE YOGA | BENEFITS OF YOGA | TYPES OF YOGA | YOGA AT HOME
How to do Kapalbhati?
- To perform Kapalbhati or skull shining breath sit with a cross-legged posture with your spine comfortably erect. If you have any medical condition that doesn’t allow you to sit without any support, then you can choose to lean against the wall or use a pillow underneath your spine.
- Place your hands on the knees with the tip of your index finger touching your thumb. Make sure the mudra is well tight with your hands and shoulders must be relaxed.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths and with each breath, try to relax even more. Now, exhale forcefully with the movement in your belly.
- As you exhale, feel the air coming out of your body through nostrils. Make sure the exhalation is quick and forceful.
- Keep your awareness on the exhalation of breath only, the inhalation will take place on its own.
- You can go up to 30 times of exhalation in one go if you are a beginner. You can extend the count up to 200 as you practice regularly.
Tips to remember while starting
- Make sure the exhalation is forceful but it should not hurt you.
- Keep your consciousness on the exhalation only
- It is recommended to keep the pace of the practice fairly slow if you are a beginner, and slowly increase your speed.
It is recommended to start your practices under the guidance of a verified yoga teacher, as yoga pranayama needs to be handled cautiously. Pranayamas in yoga has the power to alter your body functions and your thought process works. It is best to handle it carefully. The sole purpose of writing the article is to make you aware of the benefits and develop a basic understanding of how yoga works.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.