8 Homemade Masks to get rid of Acne Scars
2 years ago
It is quite a common phenomenon for almost everyone to go through a painful experience of acne or pimple at some point in their lifetime. People with oily skin would relate to this more easily as to how cumbersome the whole process of curing acne is. Acne is nothing but a slight inflammation caused on the skin due to excess oil and bacteria, which can be cured easily using simple ingredients at home. However, it is not the acne that becomes worrisome but the scars it leaves behind on the skin. The dark spots caused on the skin once the skin disappears becomes a matter of concern. It then intensifies the need to purchase high-end products and visiting dermatologists to get acne scars. But the secret to getting a flawless skin without any acne scars is right in our kitchen. Continue reading to know some of the most basic ingredients which help you get rid of acne scars.
- ALOE VERA – it contains immense beneficial qualities of your skin and can be used to cure almost any skin problem. Research shows that aloe vera has compounds known as aloesin which help reduce the pigmentation caused on the skin due to the acne. Aloe Vera keeps in check the production of melanin, a pigment that makes the acne scars more noticeable. For this face mask, apply fresh aloe vera extract onto the affected area and evenly of your face as well. It is better to use natural aloe vera rather than any aloe vera gel as the natural qualities of the extract will help yield better results. Do this every day to get a lustrous skin.
- EGG WHITE AND ALMOND MILK– Egg white is an extremely helpful ingredient for treating acne scars as it on high on astringent properties that help control the oil content in the skin. The healing properties it possesses cures the dark acne scars and keeps the skin moisturized. Almond oil provides important nutrients to the skin and keeps it nourished. For this mask, you will need to combine these two ingredients well and make a smooth paste. Apply directly to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wash it off after 15 minutes and see the results for yourself.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND HONEY – Apple cider vinegar has compounds known as ACV which reduces the appearance of scars by getting rid of the dead skin cells. It enhances skin regeneration by shedding the outer damaged layers of the skin. This process of skin shedding is also called as chemical peeling. For this face mask, you will need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar combined with 1 tsp of honey. Make a paste of fine consistency and apply directly to your face. Wash it off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
- ORANGE PEEL – Packed with anti-oxidizing and hydrating properties, orange peels are the best solution to treat acne scars. These are known to boost the collagen production of the skin which helps control pigmentation thereby lightening the scars. Applying orange peel thrice or more in a week gives a glow and radiance to your face. All you need for this face mask is grind some orange peels to a fine paste and add 1 tsp of milk. Apply to your face and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
- CINNAMON AND HONEY– Rich in anti-bacterial properties, cinnamon helps cleanse the skin from deep within and stimulates the production of collagen. It helps get rid of dead skin thereby rejuvenating it and bringing out the natural glow. For this face mask, you will need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and 2 tsp honey. Combine these two ingredients well and apply directly to your face. Wash it off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
- MILK, HONEY, AND TURMERIC– Turmeric is extremely beneficial for skin and helps treat almost every skin problem. It has high contents of anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties which makes it one of the best ingredients to get rid of acne scars. It cleanses the pores thereby reducing the acne scars. For this face mask, you will require 1 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of milk, and 1 tsp of honey. Combine all these well and make a fine paste. Leave it on the skin for 20 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- BANANA FACE MASK- Bananas are packed with vitamins A, B and C providing all the essential nutrients to your skin. Research shows that vitamin A helps fade the scars caused by acne and blemishes on the skin. Vitamin B provides nourishment to the skin and helps keep it healthy. For this face mask, you will require one ripe banana. Blend it well until it forms a smooth paste. To increase the effectiveness, you may add 1 tbsp yogurt to it. Apply on your face directly and wash it off after 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
- OATMEAL FACE MASK- High content of zinc present in oats helps reduce inflammation and kills the bacteria in the skin. It soaks up excess oil in the skin thereby cleansing it getting rid of dead skin. This leads to skin regeneration as natural, glowing skin starts to appear. For this face mask, you will need to boil 1 tsp of oatmeal with water. Apply this soothing face mask overall your face and see the results.
These DIY masks work on your skin effortlessly using the most basic ingredients found in almost every household. So no more shying away or cringing while looking at your skin or while getting pictures clicked. These are the most inexpensive and readily available methods to get rid of the dark stubborn scars left behind by the acne. Try these face masks for yourself and see the stunning results.