8 best juices for heart health
1 year ago
Heart – the organ of the human body which transports blood and oxygen to all parts of the body. When you were young or born, your arteries were clean and open. But with the passage of time, when you eat foods high in saturated fats, these clean arteries get clogged and become narrow. These narrow arteries block the passage of blood transportation and hence cause a heart attack.
Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death in the world but there are a number of ways to avoid heart disease and the complications that come with it. The biggest concern on everyone’s minds these days is heart health or how to improve heart health.
In order to keep your heart healthy, cardiologists recommend a plant-based diet as it is rich in anti-inflammatory Phyto compounds and nutrients that reduce inflammation inside the walls and protect the cells from free radical damage. To prevent heart disease, doctors advise eating 5-7 servings of fruit and vegetables every day, if eating fruits and vegetables doesn’t suit you then juicing can also impact the heart health.
To improve your cardiovascular health, including some drinks with heart-healthy benefits in your diet is beneficial.
1. Beet juice: Beet Juice is made by mixing beet and water and is one of the healthiest drinks for heart patients. Beet is a great source of antioxidant betalains that give deep red color to the vegetable and prevent heart disease risk. It helps in lowering the blood pressure and inflammation of arterial walls.
2. Cranberry juice: Cranberries are a natural source of polyphenols that help reduce the risk of cardiac disease. Cranberry juice is also rich in antioxidants anthocyanins, flavonols, and vitamins C and E which prevent the arteries to constrict and plaque to form on it.
3. Red Grapes Juice: Red Grapes juice contains resveratrol which restricts platelets to stick together. The daily dose of Red Grape juice reduces the risk of developing heart disease.
4. Pomegranate Juice: Pomegranate fruit is a bundle of nutrition. It is rich in Vitamin K that aids in heart health, blood clotting, and nerve impulses. The antioxidants present in pomegranate protects the cardiac system from tissue damage and inflammation.
5. Orange juice: Oranges are rich in antioxidant Vitamin C that is essential for skin and immune system. Its phenolic compounds, such as cinnamic, ferulic, and chlorogenic acids fight against the free radicals and protect the body from diseases.
6. Garlic Juice: Garlic juice has the potential for cardiovascular protection. It lowers the blood pressure and total cholesterol level and thus prevents atherosclerosis. Garlic is more beneficial when it gets fermented. This fermented garlic is known as Black Garlic. It has more nutritive value than white garlic.
7. Celery Juice: Celery contains phthalides having anti-hypertensive properties that relax tissues of the artery and reduce blood pressure.
8. Apple Juice: the most common type of juice is apple juice. It is rich in antioxidants that fight against free radicals and prevent heart diseases. Apple is also a source of potassium that helps in conducting nerve impulses smoothly.
Other important factors to include in your daily life for a healthy heart are, avoid smoking, drinking, and junk food. Adopt healthy habits, do exercise regularly, and take action as early as you detect the symptom for heart disease.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.