Food of Madhya Pradesh – 13 famous food of Madhya Pradesh
5 months ago
Madhya Pradesh- the heart of India consists of a wide variety of traditional food. Madhya Pradesh has a close resemblance in food and culture with its neighboring states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Maharashtra.
Wheat is the staple ingredient of Madhya Pradesh. Flowers of the Mahua tree that are highly nutritious are used in jams, jellies, and biscuits. Mahua seed oil is also extracted and used as a bio-fuel in Madhya Pradesh. The home-made spices and organic pulses make the Madhya Pradesh cuisine delicious.
Here is the list of famous food of Madhya Pradesh.
- Poha – Poha is not only famous in Madhya Pradesh but famous in all over India. Poha is also known as potato poha. It is served with sliced onion and sev. Jalebi is also served with Poha to make it a perfect combination.
- Daal Bafla – Daal Bafla is a well-known dish of Madhya Pradesh and quite similar to the dal batti churma of Rajasthan. The only difference is of churma. In Madhya Pradesh, instead of churma baingan ka bharta in desi ghee is served with daal bafla. Served with coriander and a small bowl of ghee make the dish delicious.
- Seekh Kebabs – Seekh Kebab is a non-vegetarian dish prepared with Keema, onion, and aromatic spices. It is served on special occasions and festivals, well garnished with chutney on Seekh.
- Bhutte ka Kees – BhuttekaKees is only prepared in Madhya Pradesh with grated corn kernels, aromatic spices, coconut, mustard seeds, green chili, and skimmed milk. Indore is one of the best places to eat Bhutte ka Kees.
- Bhopali Gosht Korma – Bhopali Gosht Korma is a dish of Maharajas and Rajas prepared using meat and spices. It’s a royal dish of Madhya Pradesh mostly served in parties. The dish Bhopali Gosht Korma has originated from Bhopal and served with butter roti and sliced onions.
- Palak Puri – Palak Puri is a perfect combination of health and taste. It is prepared with wheat flour and palak (spinach), served with aloo ki sabzi or pickle. Palak Puri is good for health, as Palak contains a lot of nutrients.
- Chakki ki Shak – Chakki ki Shak is a unique dish of Madhya Pradesh, prepared with steamed wheat dough and served with curry and curd. Chakki Ki shak is prepared especially on festivals and occasions and served as a side dish.
- Malpua – Malpua is a fluffy and soft sweet pancake, garnished with ghee and sugar syrup, and served with rabri.
- Jalebi – Jalebi is a sweet deep-fried sweet dish prepared of wheat flour and dipped in sugar. It is served with rabri to make it more flavourful.
- Mawa Bati – Mawa Bati is a popular sweet dish of Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. It is prepared from mawa stuffed with chopped dry fruits and cardamom powder. Mawa bati is a sweet delicacy that is served on festivals and occasions.
- Biryani Pilaf – Biryani Pilaf is the traditional dish of Madhya Pradesh, also known as Mutton Pulav. This dish is prepared with boiled rice, meat, milk, sugar, and flavored with cardamom, raisins, saffron, pistachio, or almonds. The Best Biryani Pilaf is only found in Bhopal.
- Kopra Patties – Kopra Patties is a desi style stuffed potato balls prepared using coconut and potato. It is served with green chutney and a cup of tea or coffee.
- Shahi Shikanji – Shahi Shikanji is a unique type of Shikanji prepared using milk, dahi, and dry fruits, not using any lemon. It is also prepared in different flavors like rose, mango, etc.
All these are the delicious and lip-smacking dishes of Madhya Pradesh. So, try these dishes and enhance the taste of your taste buds.