World Food Safety Day: Themes, Prevention & What activities can be done
3 months ago
World Food Safety Day is celebrated on 7th June every year. Its aim is to educate people about food safety issues, managing the foodborne disease and improving human health. In 2018, World Health Organization(WHO) & Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) announced that 7 June is celebrated as World Food Safety Day. WHO & FAO is established by the United Nations. Every year the World Health Organization announces the world food safety day theme and 2023 theme is “Food Standards Saves Lives”.
According to WHO one in ten people is affected by foodborne disease across the world annually. Every year millions of people will suffer from foodborne disease. World food safety day is celebrated to raise awareness for increased food safety regulation.
World Food Safety Theme 2023:
The Food and Agriculture Organization announced the theme of World Food Safety Day 2023 is “Food Standards save lives”.
World Food Safety Day Themes
World Food Safety Day 2020 Theme: Food Safety, Everyone’s Business
World Food Safety Day 2021 Theme: Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow
World Food Safety Day 2022 Theme: Safer food, better health
World Food Safety Day 2023 Theme: Food standards save lives
What are Foodborne diseases?
Foodborne disease is caused by consumption of food and beverages that contain contaminated bacteria, viruses and parasites. Most common symptoms are stomach flu, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps, fever, joint aches, back aches and fatigue.
Prevention Of Foodborne Disease:-
1 Avoid Raw Beverages – Avoid drinking soft drinks, packed dairy products and juice products
2 Wash your hands – Wash your hands properly before cooking the food.
3 Clean the items well – Before cooking food, clean the food surface, utensils and cutting boards properly.
4 Avoid undercooking – Cook the food at a safe internal temperature to reduce foodborne illness risk.
5 Refrigerated or Frozen Properly – Keep foods out of the temperature danger zone by thawing frozen food safely in the refrigerator and De-Freeze foods within 2 hours of cooking.
What activities can done on World Food Safety Day:-
1 Create a campaign – Create the posters, videos, reels regarding the World food safety day on social media and tag the people and make them aware.
2 Reach with the help of the media – With the help of newspapers, radio and magazines you can spread the information about the World Food Safety Day.
3 Recognize the success – Recognize the achievement that country earns yearly.
4 Host a webinar – Invite key players to discuss food safety and provide tips and information.
5 Organize a public event – Organize an event which tells people about the Foodborne Disease.
World Food Safety Day Wishes & Greetings
- Wishing you a happy World Food Safety Day! Let’s work together to ensure the safety and quality of our food supply.
- On this World Food Safety Day, let’s renew our commitment to keeping our food safe and healthy for all.
- Happy World Food Safety Day to all! May we continue to strive for safer and more nutritious food for everyone.
- Warmest wishes on World Food Safety Day! Let’s make sure our food supply is free from harmful contaminants.
- Let’s celebrate World Food Safety Day by raising awareness and advocating for safer food practices around the world.
- Happy World Food Safety Day! Let’s prioritize the safety and quality of the food we eat, for the good of our health and the planet.
- On this World Food Safety Day, let’s take a moment to appreciate the hard work of food safety professionals who keep our food supply safe.
- May this World Food Safety Day be a reminder of the importance of safe and healthy food for all, and inspire us to work towards this goal.
- Happy World Food Safety Day! Let’s recognize the essential role that safe and nutritious food plays in our lives, and strive for a better food future.
- Warmest greetings on World Food Safety Day! Let’s commit to making food safety a top priority in all aspects of our lives.