World Brain Tumor Day : Symptoms, Treatment and Conclusion
6 days ago
World Brain tumor Day is celebrated on 8 June to spread awareness among the people about brain tumor. In 2000, Deutsche Hirntumorhilfe declared 8 June as World Brain Tumor Day. In 1998, he funded 500 registered members from 14 Nations. The goal is to give support and raise funds to help patients and their families.
According to the National Health Portal, every day 500 people are diagnosed with a brain tumor. People wear gray colored ribbons to support patients on World Brain Tumor Day. On the occasion of World Brain Tumor Day, many organizations conduct seminars, conferences and events to educate people about brain tumors. Those who are suffering from Brain Tumors are encouraged to share their story to inspire others. The day serves as a platform for researchers, doctors and medical professionals to share latest advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of brain tumors.
Brain Tumor is of two types: Noncancerous (Benign), and cancerous (Malignant).
What is Brain Tumor?
Brain Tumor is a growth of abnormal cells that occur in the Brain.When benign and malignant tumors grow, they can cause Brain damage. Benign is non cancerous; they grow slowly and do not spread to other parts of the body but they can cause many serious issues. Malignant cancer is cancerous; it grows rapidly and spreads to other parts of the body.
Symptoms of Brain Tumor
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sleep Problems
- Memory Problems
- Blurred Vision
- Difficulty in walking
Treatment For Brain Tumor
- Treatment of Brain Tumor depends on the size, location and type of the tumor.
- The best treatment for Malignant Tumor is surgery.
- The goal is to remove cancer from the brain or any part of the body without causing damage to the healthy part of the brain and other body parts.
- Other treatments include radiation therapy and Chemotherapy.
- Radiation therapy is the use of high energy X-rays to destroy tumor cells. Radiation therapy is used to slow or stop the growth of a brain tumor.
- Chemotherapy is the use of drugs to destroy Brain Tumor cells. The goal of chemotherapy is to stop the growth of Brain Tumor cells. Steroids are also used for the treatment of Brain Tumors.
What to do on World Brain Tumor day
- Spread Awareness – Conduct seminars in the locality and aware people about the early signs and symptoms.
- Brings people together – On World Brain tumor Day, support people who are suffering from Brain Tumors.
- Help Financially – Give donations to people who are suffering from brain tumors and unable to afford the treatment.
Brain Tumors are not a common disease or a problem. The people affected by brain tumors should have regular check ups which can help in shortening risk factors. If you are suffering from any of the symptoms that are discussed above you should consult the doctor as soon as possible to reduce the Brain Tumor risk.