World Athletic Day: Introduction, Objective & Quotes
3 weeks ago
Every year World Athletic Day is celebrated on 7th May. The IAAF(International Amateur Athletic Federation) established the World Athletic Day in 1996. World Athletic Day is celebrated to promote the importance of fitness and health. IAAF promote children’s interest in sports activity or in athletics. Sports activities help people to maintain their health.
World Athletic Day’s objective is that at people should maintain their health and keep themselves fit and healthy. Many schools and colleges celebrate this day and conduct sports activities. World Athletic Day highlights the achievements of sports activity which are achieved over the years.
Nowadays people are becoming health conscious, and that’s why taking interest in events that are organized by IAAF.
The IAAF(International Amateur Athletic Federation) has its headquarters located in Monaco. The IAAF was founded in Sweden in 1992. The IAAF organize many events, competitions and tournaments to promote fitness among people to stay healthy on world Athletic Day. Its main aim is to educate people about athletics and games.
Objective of World Athletic Day
- To Promote athletes in schools and institutions.
- Popularizing sports among the youth.
- To Educate the youngsters about sports.
- Aware the people about the importance of sports.
- Enhance public awareness about the sports.
- Establish an important link between sports, youth and environmental conservation.
World Athletics Day 2023: Quotes
- “Who you are as a person far outweighs what you do in an athletic arena.” – Chris Matakas
- “Find the good. It’s all around you. Find it, showcase it, and you’ll start believing it.” -Jesse Owens
- “Because of athletics, I got real comfortable with risk at a young age.” – Molly Bloom
- “I may win and I may lose, but I will never be defeated.” – Emmitt Smith
- “Athletics is not so much about the legs. It’s about the heart and mind.” – Eliud Kipchoge
- “Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.” – Bobby Unser
- “You learn early in athletics that you’ll have ups and downs.” – Ara Parseghian
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”
- “People in athletics thrive on competition. That’s what makes you better.” – Baron Corbin
- “If you don’t love what you do, you won’t do it with much conviction or passion.” – Mia Hamm
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” -Muhammad Ali
- “There’s no better feeling than stepping out on the field and stunning them all by doing what none of them thought you could do.”- Ashlyn Harris
- “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” -Pele
- “A team isn’t a bunch of kids out to win. A team is something you belong to, something you feel, something you have to earn.” -Gordon Bombay
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.”- Jerry Rice
- “Driven by the moral imperative of paying the price to be great.”- Vince Lombardi
- “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” – Mark Spitz
- “It never gets easier, you just get better.”
- “The strength of the team is in each individual member…the strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
- “I’ve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “The only way to prove you are a good sport is to lose.” – Ernie Banks
- “If you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail.” – Mark Spitz
- “The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer.” – John Madden
- “Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.” -Mike Singletary
- “Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength.” – Phil Jackson
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi