Wishes for Guru Ravidas Jayanti 2024
3 days ago
Guru Ravidas Jayanti is an important Hindu festival celebrated every year on the full moon day in the month of Magh. It is celebrated as the birthday of the saint and poet Guru Ravidas, who is known for his kindness, compassion, and equality.
Guru Ravidas was born in 1377 in Varanasi, India, in a poor family. He was a talented poet and musician and was against the caste system and other social evils.
On Guru Ravidas Jayanti, devotees visit Guru Ravidas temples and other religious sites. They pray, sing hymns, and remember the Guru’s teachings. Grand processions are also held in many places. At The birthplace of Guru Ravidas, the Shri Guru Ravidas Janam Asthan Mandir, hosts an annual ceremony in his honor.
Guru Ravidas Jayanti is an important day that reminds us of Guru Ravidas’s life and work. It is a day when we can all come together and resolve to stand up for equality and justice.
Here are some of the key teachings of Guru Ravidas:
- All people are equal, regardless of their caste, gender, or social status.
- Love and compassion are the most important qualities of a human being.
- We should all work to create a more just and equitable society.
Guru Ravidas’s teachings inspire people around the world. He was the true hero of the Indian Bhakti movement, and his legacy will live on for many years to come. He opposed the division of society on caste, gender, and status categories. Irrespective of his caste, he worked for the equality and dignity of every member of society.
Specifically, here are some of the ways that Guru Ravidas’s teachings are celebrated on Guru Ravidas Jayanti:
- Devotees gather at Guru Ravidas temples and other religious sites to pray, sing hymns, and listen to readings from Guru Ravidas’s works.
- Many devotees also take holy baths in the river or other bodies of water.
- In some places, grand processions are held to commemorate Guru Ravidas’s birthday.
Guru Ravidas Ji Quotes
- Surrender yourself to the lord with your heart and soul. You will enjoy peace and pleasure.
- Ravidas ji says that by giving birth in upper caste or lower caste one does not become superior or inferior. The superiority or inferiority of a human being is only reflected by his actions.
- Sant Ravidas ji explained that when God made us all equal, He did not discriminate against humans, so why are we all hating each other? Man is not recognized by his caste or religion but by his good and bad deeds.
- The sun rises and sets every day, marking new beginnings. Life goes on. Around us, people also disappear. None can escape death.
- He who sheds the ego and embraces humility finds the abode of the Lord within himself.
- The world is a mirror reflecting your thoughts and actions. Purify yourself, and the world will appear pure.
- Castes and colors are all Maya’s play, the one true thing is the love for the One.”
- Falsehood is the greatest disease, truth is the only medicine.
- Fear not, for the Lord dwells within you, He is your protector and guide.
- We should take inspiration from the work of Guru Ravidas and work against casteism. Happy Guru Ravidas Jayanti.
- May you find solace from your spiritual Guru like Meera Didi. Happy Guru Ravidas Jayanti.
- May god bless you on this auspicious occasion of Guru Ravidas Jayanti. His ideas continue to inspire a lot of people.
- Let’s make this world a beautiful place to live, without discrimination of race, religion, caste, and color. Happy Guru Ravi das Jayanti.
- Water and its waves have no distinctions. There is no distinction between you, me, and God in the same way. Greetings from Guru Ravidas Jayanti!
- If you’re alone yourself, you’ll have to make an effort to learn things on your own. If there are two people, share your information. Greetings from Guru Ravidas Jayanti!
- If your heart is pure, the water in your bathtub is holy. You need not go anywhere to take a holy dip. Happy Guru Ravidas Jayanti
- You show us the light of wisdom and drive away the darkness of foolishness. Happy Guru Ravidas Jayanti.
- Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru, none can cross over to the other shore. Happy Guru Ravidas Jayanti.
- Never do wrong. Never think of doing wrong. Just walk on the path shown by Guru. Happy Guru Ravidas Jayanti
- Let’s make this world without any discrimination & race like color, caste class, or religion. Happy Guru Ravidass Jayanti