Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti: 5 Inspiring lessons given by Shastri Ji
3 years ago
Today when India is celebrating the birth anniversary of Father of Nation- Mahatma Gandhi, it also celebrates India’s second Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri’s birth anniversary too. Shastriji was also a calm-minded person and lived a simple life. Shastri was born as Munshi Lal Bahadur Shastri on 2 October 1904 in Mughalsarai, Uttar Pradesh. Like other leaders of the country, Shastri Ji also had the desire to liberate the country, so he jumped into the freedom struggle against Britishers. He participated actively in Quit India Movement to Non-Cooperation Movement from 1921 to 1942.
After independence, Shastri Ji became the second Prime Minister of the country after the death of Nehru, and under his successful guidance, the country progressed a lot. His beliefs and thoughts are meaningful and played a role in today’s scenario.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Ji’s famous Quotes
1. That loyalty to the country comes ahead of all other loyalties. And this is an absolute loyalty since one cannot weight it in terms of what one receives.”
2. The basic idea of governance, as I see it, is to hold the society together so that it can develop and march towards certain goals.”
3. “There comes a time in the life of every nation when it stands at the crossroads of history and must choose which way to go.”
4. “Discipline and united action are the real sources of strength for the nation.”
5. “We must fight for peace bravely as we fought in war.”