Navratri 2020: Nine Goddess, Nine Days and Nine Lessons
11 months ago
The festival of Navratri 2020 is beginning today on October 17. The nine-day festival celebrates the power of the supreme deity Goddess Durga in her nine forms. The nine forms of Durga gives some very valuable lessons of life to inspire and learn.
1. Goddess Shailputri is the first form of Goddess Durga and worshipped on the first day of Navratri. She’s an epitome of strength and devotion and leads us to discover ourselves. The person we are today must be better than the person we were yesterday. It is therefore incredibly important that we recognize our strengths, our areas of growth, and work towards improving ourselves on a daily basis. And Maa Shailputri guides us to learn this life lesson. Those who worship her will enlighten their spirituality.
2. Goddess Brahamcharini is the second form of Goddess Durga who is synonymous with Penance. She guides us that we should strive hard to achieve what we desire and always move ahead with determination despite any kind or number of challenges we come across.
3. Goddess Chandraghanta is the third form of Durga that symbolizes positive aura, vigilant, to be calm and observant in every situation. She guides us to remain alert about the challenges and chances that we get and observe people and circumstances we work with. We should plan our moves according to other’s needs.
4. Goddess Kushmanda– the fourth form of goddess Durga and the lesson she gives is that we should have a clear vision, aim, and goal in life and must tried everything to reach there. Any obstacle or difficulty that occurs in our path will get removed by worshipping Maa Kushmanda.
5. Goddess Skandamata is the fifth form of Goddess Durga and the lesson she gives is that we should be understanding and open to people we met in our day to day life. We encounter a number of people in our daily life those are different in nature, mindset, and mood and we should meet them with grace and affection.
6. Goddess Katyayani– the sixth form of Goddess Durga teaches us to take initiative to fight against all odds in life. No matter what life throws at you, you must take it as a lesson and fight with the ongoing situation.
7. Goddess Kaalratri is a symbol who destroys evil. She is the seventh form of Goddess Durga and teaches us that we should destroy all the evil emotions like Lust, Greed, Anger, Jealousy, Hatred, Ego, and Guilt from our thoughts, words, and deeds. These have to be replaced with Love, Sharing, Understanding, Admiration, Forgiveness, Sharing, and Correction.
8. Goddess Mahagauri is the eighth form of Goddess Durga who is known as the epitome of beauty. The lesson she gives is that we should be enthusiastic, cheerful, and have a good sense of humor to keep our self motivated and confident.
9. Goddess Siddhidhatri is the ninth and the ultimate form of Goddess Durga who blesses us with Siddhis (extraordinary capabilities). She guides that in this modern world, a person should upgrade capabilities like knowledge, attitude, skills, habits, and strategies.
Therefore, all the embodiments of Goddess Durga lead us to improve ourselves and become a stronger and more successful person in a holistic way.
May these 9 Goddesses bless you and fulfill your dreams!!