International Dance Day
2 years ago
On the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre (1727-1810), the creator of modern ballet, International dance committee of ITI (International Theatre Institute, UNESCO) created April 29 in 1982 as International Dance Day. The aim behind celebrating International Dance Day is bringing together people from all political, cultural and social backgrounds on a common platform called Dance.
The goals of International Dance Day are
- To promote dance in all its forms across the world.
- To make people aware of the value of dance in all its forms.
- To enable the dance community to promote their work on a broad scale, so that governments and opinion leaders are aware of the value and importance of dance in all its forms and support it.
- To enjoy dance in all its forms for its own sake.
- To share the joy of dance with others.
To celebrate International Dance Day, every year a message from an outstanding and renowned choreographer is circulated throughout the world. This year Gregory Vuyani MAQOMA Dancer, Choreographer, Actor, Dancer Educator has given a message for the world.