Instagram Reels: new short video feature by Instagram similar to TikTok
2 years ago
After the ban of TikTok in India, Instagram launches a new short video feature Instagram Reels in India. The new feature lets users create videos on the app, add creative filters and music, and share it beyond their regular followers. Reels is similar to TikTok and allows users to create 15 seconds video with popular songs, and Filters from the Instagram catalog.
After Brazil, Germany, and France, India is the fourth country to get the feature Reels. Instagram Reels has rolled just a week after the Indian government banned 59 Chinese apps, including popular short-video and regional social media platforms like TikTok, Share it, We chat, Vigo Video, Bigo Live, and Likee. The feature started rolling out for users in India on Wednesday.
Katrina Kaif and her sister Isabelle Kaif also used the Instagram Reel Feature. The video has short clips of Katrina and Isabelle cleaning, fighting, Laughing, and posing with their mops. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CCYsV9MBibK/?utm_source=ig_embed
For Reels, Instagram has partnered with prominent music labels such as Zee Music Company, T-Series, and Yash Raj Films to provide a vast collection of songs to users to create interesting Reels and share with everyone. After recording the Reels, users can select the audience they wish to share their Reel with. The Reels can also be deleted, recorded, and reviewed.
How to create Instagram Reels
1. From the bottom of the Instagram camera select reels.
2. Click on the Audio option and select a song from the Instagram music library for your Reel.
3. You can also use your original audio by simply recording a Reel.
4. You can add AR Effect to make your Reel interesting and different other effects.
5. There is also an option to slow down or speed up the audio or video.