How to reduce thigh fat: 7 ways to get toned legs
2 years ago
Mostly people bother about belly fat but one area that stores fat next to the belly is the thigh. Thigh fat is more common among females than males.
Although it is not possible to reduce fat from a specific part of the body, women can get toned legs by performing exercises that target and improve leg muscles, decreasing overall body fat. The question of how to reduce thigh fat has an answer that adopting an overall weight-loss strategy combining diet and exercise effectively reduce thigh fat.
Talking about Thigh Fat or leg fat, it is subcutaneous fat, fat located under the skin. It can be reduced by doing exercise, change in lifestyle, and by taking proper diet.
So let’s discuss the certain ways by which thigh fat can be reduced.
7 Ways on How to reduce thigh fat –
1. Walk for thigh fat – Walking burns calories. According to research, walking for one hour can burn 100 to 400 calories. During walking, the basal metabolic rate increases which in turn facilitates the calorie burning. Walking helps in burning overall body fat including belly, arm, and thigh fat. Walking can be done anywhere and is the most effective way to reduce thigh fat.
Mild running can also help in reducing thigh fat as running strengthen quadriceps, hamstring, hips, calves, and the gluteus maximus muscles.
2. Squats for thigh fat – For toned and slimmer thighs, including squats in your fitness plan do miracle on your thigh fat. Squats help in burning an incredible amount of calories and needless to say, the more calories you burn, the more weight you lose. Squats mainly target the lower body that including thighs, gluteus, quads, and hamstring. This exercise is a complete pack for toning your lower body.
3. Lunges for losing thigh fat – Lunges like squats make thighs slim and leg muscles strong. Lunges are the perfect strength training exercise for legs, core, back, and hips. It promotes flexibility to hips and helps to make coordination between mind and muscle.
Lunges target the quads, hamstring, and gluteus as same as squats do but lunges put more stress on legs and hit differently to every muscle group of the legs. To perform lunges, your chest and back should be straight and core tight.
4. Eat healthy food – For reducing thigh fat, take healthy food which includes more protein, good fat, green veggies, and fruits that help in weight loss. You can also eat yogurt, cheese, and whole eggs to get fiber and other nutrients. You can also go for a keto diet plan in which low carb is taken and the whole focus is on taking protein and fat. Keto diet forces the body to burn fat since you can longer depend on carbs.
5. Cut out your calorie intake – During weight loss, food having low calories is recommended. Taking fewer calories from outside burns stored fat during exercise and walking, which in turn helps you in losing fat. So there is no specific food that can reduce thigh fat but low-calorie food will automatically help.
6. Swimming and Cycling – Physical activities like swimming, dancing, cycling, or gymming, increases your metabolism and in turn burn more calorie for the energy source. Among aerobic exercises, cycling is best for reducing thigh fat. Cycling focus on hamstrings, calves, glutes, and quadriceps.
7. Yoga: Yoga asanas particularly focusing on the thigh fat are Utkatasana (Chair Pose) Naukasana (Boat Pose), Bhadrasana (Gracious/Cobbler Pose) Ustrasana (Camel Pose), and Salabhasana. These Yoga asanas reduce overall body weight as well as thigh fat and provide flexibility to the body but try these asanas only in the supervision of a trainer.
These ways can help your thigh fat and overall body fat to vanish off. Make your thighs look slim, strong, and toned in these simple ways.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.