8 Health Benefits of eating the Banana peel
2 years ago
Banana is a fruit that rich in various nutrients including potassium, manganese, magnesium, dietary fiber, antioxidants, Vitamin A, B6, and C, and amino acids. It contains high sugar and calorie content but has a low glycemic index which controls insulin level and body weight. According to research, eating a banana per day reduces blood sugar and cholesterol.
Many of you throw out the peel of the banana as a waste but do you know banana peel is also advantageous like Banana.
Banana peel contains various essential nutrients as –
- Vitamin B6 – 20%
- Vitamin C – 17%
- Potassium – 12%
- Fibre – 12%
- Magnesium – 8%
All these nutrients give various benefits to your skin and health –
1 Reduce the level of bad cholesterol – Banana peel contains more fiber than the banana itself which helps to reduce the level of bad cholesterol. According to research, it also helps to prevent cardiovascular problems like heart attack and stroke. Those who eat banana peel regularly have no heart disease.
2. Reduces weight – Banana peel contains 12% of fiber and low glycemic index which helps to reduce weight. Due to its high fiber content, after eating it craving for other food items stops and it helps to lose weight.
3. Helps to improve skin health – Banana peel contains vitamin C and vitamin E and they also contain potassium, zinc, iron, and manganese which helps to improve skin health. It helps to reduce itching, rashes, acne, wrinkles, and make the skin glow. It also contains Vitamin A which helps to moisturize your skin.
4. Improves eye health – Banana peel includes lutein which helps to improve your eye health. According to research, by eating the banana peel your night vision becomes clearer. It also prevents cataract problems.
5. Improves sleep quality – Banana peel contains a chemical name tryptophan which helps you to make your sleep quality better. It also resolves the problem of insomnia. It contains potassium and magnesium which makes you feel relax and helps you to sleep better.
6. Boosts your immunity – Banana peel contains the amino acid, minerals, and other nutrients which helps to boost your immunity system. It also helps to control blood pressure and insulin level.
7. Helps to whiten your teeth – Banana peel contains potassium nutrients that can whiten your stained teeth. Rub the peel on your teeth after brushing and rinse with water. By this method, not only your teeth but your gums also become strong.
8. Helpful in migraine: Due to potassium in the peel, rubbing a frozen banana peel on the head and back of the neck during a headache can help alleviate the pain.
It is not easy to intake the banana peel directly but there are many methods to take it. You can
Boil in a water
Make a tea with it
Blend it in a smoothie
By all these methods, you can easily intake the banana peel which helps to boost your immunity as well as make your body fit and healthy. You can also use the banana peel for plants. By this, you can make the environment and yourself healthy.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.