7 Reasons why you are gaining weight
2 years ago
“My dress got tight” and am I looking fat? Are the two common phrases we hear every day.
Obesity or weight gain is the biggest problem mankind is suffering from. You may have wondered sometime that in spite of eating and drinking less, you are gaining weight. Why is it so happen? What causes obesity? The main reason is -your weight depends on how many calories you eat, how many calories you save, and how many calories you burn. The more you eat, and the less you burn will make you obese.
Gaining weight has many negative effects on your body such as –
- Less confidence
- Cardiovascular problems
- Stress and anxiety
- Breathing problem
- Slow down your efficiency of work and energy
Eating fruits and vegetables, doing exercise, and yoga, you can lose weight but here arises a question what are the reasons behind your weight gain? When you get answers to this question, only then weight loss planning becomes easier.
So let’s discuss various reasons behind weight gain.
Reasons why people gain weight:
1.Metabolism factor – Metabolism is the process by which your body gets energy from the food you eat and drink. Even when you’re at rest, your body needs energy for breathing, blood circulation, digestive system, and repairing cells. The number of calories your body uses to run these basic functions in the body is known as the basic metabolic rate or metabolism.
If you continue to burn all the calories you consume in the course of a day, you will be able to maintain your weight but if you consume more energy or calories than you spend, you will gain weight. Excess calories are stored as fat throughout your body. These excess calories are responsible for your weight gain.
2. Genetic problem – Those people who are gaining weight frequently even after trying all the things of losing weight, their gene structure may be responsible for that.
Genes are probably a contributor to your obesity if you have been overweight for much of your life. If one or both of your parents are significantly overweight and you are not able to lose weight even when you do regular physical activity and stick to a low-calorie diet for many months.
3. Environmental causes – Environmental factors are the external factors that help you gain weight. Obesity depends upon your particular environment in which you live, work, and do physical activity. If your family is a junk food eater, you also become one. If your working hours demand more sitting and less walking, it can also aid in your weight gain and third, if you only eat, sleep and repeat and don’t work out, then surely you will become obese.
4. Medical issues – Medical issues are problems related to health. An individual can gain weight due to medical issues such as underactive thyroid, diabetes, aging, fluid retention, steroid treatment, Cushing’s syndrome, tiredness, and PCOD in girls.
All these are some of the medical issues that can increase the obesity rate in your body. So, if you are fed up with trying all the efforts for reducing weight, then consult your doctor once.
5. Exercise factor – If you eat more and don’t do any physical exercise then you will automatically gain weight. It affects your metabolism factor. The number of calories you take and burn is equal only then you will be able to maintain your weight but if you don’t burn your calories as compare to the consumption then it will increase your weight and make you obese. So, for the burning of calories, you have to do more and more physical activity and exercise.
6. Stress-related issues – People behave differently in stress and anxiety situations. Some lose weight as they couldn’t eat anything in stress whereas others may eat more during an anxious situation. So, whenever you are in the stress, divert your mind to other things like physical activities, exercise, meditation which relaxes your mind and helps to figure out the stress.
7. Food factor – Spicy and lip-smacking food always attracts you and this is the reason for your being overweight.
Over-eating and late-night cravings are also one of the reasons behind weight gain. Maybe you have eaten the right food at night but your timings matter to digest the food. So, always eat your dinner two hours before going to sleep which will help you to digest your food easily.
So, these are some of the reasons that can increase your weight. Try to work on factors that are under your control to live a healthy and fat- free life.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.