7 health benefits of Nutritious Grapefruits
1 month ago
Grapefruit is the cousin of orange, looks somewhat alike but grapefruit has more nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber than orange. Grapefruit is one of the healthiest citrus fruit that tastes from bitter to sour. Grapefruit is a mine of benefits it aids in weight loss, reduced risk of heart disease improves skin texture, and boosts immunity.
Nutrients in Grapefruit
Grapefruit is one of the lowest-calorie fruit but rich in other nutrients and is a good source of Vitamin A and C.
Some of the Health Benefits of Grapefruit are:
1. Diabetes: Grapefruit has a low glycemic index which helps reduce blood sugar level or Insulin level and thus prevents the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
2. Weight loss: As you know grapefruit is rich in fiber and has high water content, which promotes fullness and reduced the further intake of food, hence reduces the weight. Fiber and water content also prevents constipation.
What are other fruits that help in weight loss? Find out here
3. Boost immune system: Due to its high content of Vitamin A, C, and antioxidants, Grapefruit protects cells from harmful bacteria and viruses. It boosts the immune system against disease-causing micro-organisms.
4. Enhance skin texture: Vitamin C which is essential for boosting the immune system is also necessary for collagen formation. Vitamin C enhances skin texture and helps protect against UV damage.
5. Fight against cancer: grapefruit contains many antioxidants like Vitamin C, Beta-carotene, Lycopene, Flavanones. These antioxidants work against the free radicals produced in your body and lower the risk of cancer, heart disease, and eye-related problems.
6. Helpful in Kidney Stones: Kidney stones develop when waste material is not able to flush out through urine and gets deposited in the Kidney. It is believed that citric acid or Vitamin C present in grapefruit helps increase the volume and pH of your urine thus preventing kidney stones to develop.
7. Prevent atherosclerosis: Grapefruit is high in potassium mineral that protects building plaque on arteries and also regulates blood pressure and prevents heart disease.
What are other lifestyle factors that can increase the risk of heart disease? Find out here
You can incorporate grapefruit in your diet by taking it raw, mix with salad, smoothie, and juice.
Not only oranges are beneficial from the citrus family, this another member Grapefruit is equally beneficial and healthy for you which keeps you hydrated, and disease-free.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.