Yoga for boosting immunity and stress relief: Yoga awareness
2 years ago
Immunity is the capability of the body to combat toxic elements from entering the body. Due to the pandemic ( COVID 19 ), it is now become more important to keep your immune system strong. An active to fight against the challenging times like these.
Yoga is the best exercise for the immune system. Yoga provides a solution to improve your immune system. As the coronavirus spreading all across the world, one has to be equally strong in physical and mental terms.
Here are the top 5 yoga poses to boost your immunity levels and helps to reduce stress.
YOGA POSES TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY
Sun salutation or Surya Namaskar is one of the most significant yoga practices. It includes 12 yogic postures linked in a specified manner.
It helps to boost your health and immune system of the body. You can start practicing Surya Namaskara three times a day if you are a beginner.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar
- Regulates the bodyweight when performed at a faster pace
- Improves the digestive health of the body by massaging the abdomen muscles.
- Ensure proper removal of waste from the body in terms of carbohydrates, sweat, and stool.
- Improved digestive health promotes the effective removal of toxins from the body and establishes a strong foundation.
- Brings down sugar level in the blood.
- Ensures healthy menstrual cycles and reduce mood swing problems.
- Sun salutation has shown positive results in insomnia problems. It helps the practitioner to lower stress levels in the body and complement emotional balance.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Strengthens muscles and revamp flexibility.
Moon salutation or Chandra Namaskar is another sequence consisting of 14 yoga posture with each posture deriving different benefits. Moon salutation balances the Pingala Nadi in the system associated with the cool side of the body.
Practicing moon salutation helps the practitioner to calms the mind and overcome fear and anxiety.
Benefits of Moon salutation
- Since the practice of Moon salutation is associated with cooling, it helps to ease the stress levels in the body.
- Practicing moon salutation helps the individual to overcome fertility problems in the body
- Regular practice of moon salutation ensures sound sleep and reduces symptoms of insomnia.
- Moon salutation helps to release stiffness in the shoulders and neck region.
- As practicing moon salutation soothes the nervous system and thereby calms the body and mind.
- It is seen that practicing moon salutation helps the women in pain-related issues during their menstrual cycle.
Legs up the wall pose (Viparita Karani )
This is one of the relaxing poses that can even be performed on your bed before sleep. The pose allows you to relax and consciously prepare your mind for sleep.
Benefits of legs up the wall pose
- Leg up the wall pose promotes the circulation of the blood in the body. Inverted legs promote fresh blood in the legs and relax the muscles.
- This posture relieves tension in the body.
- Ensure healthy blood flow in the system.
Upward plank pose
Upward plank pose strengthens your lungs. it helps to open your chest area and maintain flexibility at the same time. The alignment of the pose is important. It opens up your heart region and works on the legs and hip region of the body.
Beginners can start holding the pose for 10-15 seconds as possible and take up to 3-5 minutes as progress.
Benefits of Upward plank pose
- Upward plank pose strengthens your shoulders and neck region.
- Holding the pose tones your core muscles and upper thigh region of the body
- It helps the practitioner to unlock energy joints such as ankles, wrists, neck muscles, etc.
- Stimulate secretion of thyroid hormone.
Matsyasana ( Fish Pose )
The fish pose needs a moderate side of flexibility. It proves to be beneficial for optimizing your digestive health by promoting nutrient absorption in the system.
The pose is a reclining back exercise practiced in the hatha yoga.
Benefits of Matsyasana
- Strengthens muscles in the back and neck region
- Tones your neck, chest and navel region of the body
- Promotes absorption of nutrients in the body
- It relieves stress and promotes blood circulation in the body.
- It helps in improving the metabolic rate of the body essential to fight in the flu season.
YOGA PRANAYAMS TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY
- Anulom vilom Pranayam
- Kapalbhati Pranayam
- Ujjayi Pranayam
- Nadi shodan Pranayam
- Kumbhaka ( breath retention )
The types of pranayama can be read here. It is important to stay physically healthy and mentally stable at the same time to drive through challenging times. Pranayams like Kapalbhati helps to increase the immunity of the system.
Practicing Pranayam not only calms your mind but also develops a sense of awareness all around.
To boost your immunity the foremost thing you can practice is to stay happy and positive.
Here, the top 5 yoga poses for immunity
- Sun salutation
- Moon salutation
- Leg up the wall pose
- Upward plank pose
- Matsya Asana
The above mentioned five yoga poses are the best yoga poses for the immune system. They help you with stress relief during the pandemic.
These 5 basic Pranayam techniques practiced under yoga for immunity. Pranayam can be practiced for 5-7 minutes every day. This will help you to keep yourself calm peaceful, and positive throughout the day.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.