Yellow alert announced in National Capital Delhi; Schools, Gyms and cinemas are shut
5 months ago
Today, Delhi Government imposed a “Yellow alert,” in the state in view of rising omicron cases. A night curfew will be in effect from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. The Delhi Metro and bus services will operate at half-capacity.
The Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) issued additional recommendations on Tuesday as part of the “yellow alert” declared in the national capital due to an increase in Covid-19 cases. In over six months, the city has had the biggest single-day increase in cases.
When the positivity rate for two consecutive days exceeds 0.5 per cent, or when the cumulative single-day positive instances for a period of seven days exceeds 1,500, a “yellow alert” is issued.
Following are the key restrictions imposed in Delhi:
1. All schools, colleges and other educational institutions will remain shut.
2. A night curfew has been imposed in Delhi from 10 pm to 5 am.
3. Cinemas and gyms will be shut.
4. Delhi Metro, public buses will operate at 50% seating capacity with no standing passengers.
5. Spas, salons and barber-shops will stay open.
6. Restaurants and bars will function at 50% capacity till 10 pm.
7. Online food deliveries will continue as usual.
8. Malls and shops will be open on an odd-even basis. Timings are between 10 am and 8 pm.
9. Standalone shops have been permitted to remain open without the odd-even rule.
10. All large gatherings – political, social and religious – will remain prohibited for the order duration.