Types of Jewelry in India
9 months ago
India is known for having a rich legacy of designing and owing jewelry. Jewelry, in Indian culture has always been a matter of tradition as Indian consider jewellery of every kind to be auspicious and they are an integral part of every occasion or ceremony. Jewels in India are known far and wide due to their intricate, detailed and colorful patterns which are bold and eye-catching. These impeccable pieces of jewels have become more than just a mere piece of metal and has become a status symbol. Types of jewelry-To increase the attractiveness of jewelry, these are adorned with diamonds and various other gems. Traditionally, the Indian jewellery was believed to be created with heavy and bulky stones and designs. But at present, owning one statement peice of jewellery which suits every occasion has become more widespread. These can be considered as a daily wear accessory which takes our fashion quotient up a notch and complements our outfit well. Below we are highlighting some of the major types of jewellery in India which have become popular in recent times:
1. Pendant– these small elegant pieces of jewelry are usually suspended from a bracelet or especially a necklace. Pendants are beautifully crafted small ornaments that are available in different colors and designs. These can highly elevate your looks and are available in different materials such as gold, silver, or diamonds.
2. Chains– are very popular kinds of jewelry and usually worn around arms, ankles, or wrists. It is a kind of jewelry that perfectly complements all your outfits and can give that edge to your looks. Chains are available in different designs and lengths so you can choose according to your taste and style.
3. Bracelets– Another fashion jewelry that is worn around the wrist by both men and women alike. People are opting for these kinds of jewelry to accentuate their fashion quotient and a quirk to their outfits. Bracelets are available in different designs and materials also like gold, silver, stone etc. Some of the major bracelet styles are hinged, links, and others.
4. Anklets– This evergreen and trendy piece of jewelry has been in style since ancient times and has recently gained popularity again. Models and actresses can be seen sporting elegant anklets that have modernized with time. Exceptional pieces of anklets are an integral part of Indian bridal wear. A minimalistic and classic anklet thread can look neat on your feet for everyday wear.
5. Waist Chains– Popularly known as kamarband in India has become a piece of important styling jewelry that adds an elegance to your saare or lehenga by defining your waistline. These waist-chains come in different designs and they perfectly adorn the waistline when donned with saares or lehengas. Modern waist chains are intricately designed as women elegantly wear them to highlight their midriffs.
6. Brooches– this trend is gaining back its popularity as we see renowned celebrities incorporating this piece of jewelry in their wardrobes. This eternal piece of jewelry exhibits a sense of luxury and timelessness. Brooches are an epitome of versatility and can be perfectly teamed up with saares or suits. Brooches definitely add an edge to your look and perfectly complements your formal suits.
7. Rings– An elegant and beautiful ring will surely pep up your style factor. Cocktail rings and middle rings are currently trending and they definitely add that oomph factor to your fingers. We see a number of famous celebrities sporting a number of stacked rings which has led to the huge popularity of stackable rings. These chunky and stunning rings which fit on more than one finger are increasingly picking up the pace and creating a place in the market.
8. Earrings– One piece of jewelry which will never go out of style are a pair of elegant ear studs. As voguish and refined as it looks, a pair of ear stud will perfectly complement your formal suit as well as your dresses and gowns. Traditional gold earrings/ ear studs are an evergreen piece of jewelry and can be seen in unique designs. Be it a traditional function or an evening out with friends, these ear studs will crank your style quotient in every event you are attending.
9. Neckpiece– Donning an elegant neckpiece is a perfect way to crank up one’s look. A stylish statement neckpiece is a must-have for every woman which will surely give that last-minute edge to one’s overall look. This is one evergreen piece of accessory that never goes out of style are available in unique and elegant colours and goes perfectly with quaint dresses and tees.
10. Bangles– Is a traditional piece of Indian jewelry that was purely made of gold in the earlier times but has modernized with time to be influenced by western designs. Bangles have been an important piece of jewelry for ages that women wear to adorn the beauty of their wrists. Presently, bangles are available in eccentric sizes and designs such as square, oval or pentagon. The chic and neat bangles add the perfect amount of feminine charm to your wrists and perfectly complements all your outfits.