Top Colleges for Jewelry Designing In India
2 years ago
A course in jewelry designing is considered as one of the most thrilling and innovative courses due to the plethora of career opportunities it offers in the design field. Pursuing jewelry designing as a career path requires one to possess creative designer’s ability. It essentially involves using artistic ideas and imagination and sculpting them into wearable form like neckpieces, earrings and rings. Jewelry designing, in earlier times was thought of as a skill which was passed on through generations with fine artistic expertise. It was considered to be a highly guarded profession which ran within the family. However, with the emerging jewelry designing colleges, it has become easier than ever to inculcate and acquire ingenuity and fine expertise in the field of jewelry designing. The industry is becoming more and more receptive and open to new talents who can become the trailblazers of an epitome of jewelry designs. Various colleges across India fulfils the dual purpose of hands-on projects for jewelry designing along with good amount of exposure in the industry. Below we are listing the top colleges in India which furnish students with superlative knowledge and experience in jewelry designing.
- Indian Institute of Gems and Jewelry– Established in the year 1986 as a “non-profit project of The Gem & Jewelry Export Promotion Council, Indian Institute of Gems and jewelry was previously under the supervision of the German Design and Manufacturing Experts. The institute is driven to provide the students with the pinnacle of education in jewelry design and manufacturing to their students. Aspiring candidates are eligible for the admission procedure only if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board. Interested candidates can apply directly to the college.
- National Institute of Fashion Designing- Popularly known as NIFT, it offers diploma and certificate courses in accessory and jewelry designing. NIFT has repeatedly ranked on the list of top 10 colleges in India and expanded its branches to a number of metro cities in India like Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata. The course is structured in such a way so as to establish a platform for the emergence of innovative ideas and thoughts to flourish. Hands-on projects, combined with field trips and group studies helps the students gain in-depth knowledge in the field of jewelry designing. Aspiring candidates are eligible for the admission procedure only if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology– It is one of the oldest and premier institutes in the field of design and fashion as it was established in the year 1988. Owing to their superlative course structure and top-notch faculty, the university has won several awards such as the “UK Asian Business Award” and “Best Vocational Education Institute of the Year-Fashion Design. The Institute offers various courses at diploma, advanced diploma, UG diploma, and PG diploma level, in the field of Fashion Design, Interior Design, Jewelry Design. Aspiring candidates are eligible for the admission procedure only if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Panache International School of Design, Mumbai- is one of the pioneering institutes in fashion designing and technology in the country. The jewelry course promotes and motivates the students to explore, process and experiment the artistic thoughts and imaginations. The method of teaching includes interactive group discussion combined with industry exposure and collaborations which acquaints the student with in-depth knowledge in the jewelry designing field. Aspiring candidates are eligible for the admission procedure only if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bengaluru– Since its inception in the year 1996, this institute has been dedicated in imparting industry-specific education to today’s youth. Vogue Institute of Art & Design has a superlative infrastructure and excellent faculty thereby promoting employable skills and enhances social relevance. The furnishes their students with a good amount of industry exposure along with a very active placement cell. Some of the popular courses offered by the university are Textile, Pattern Making, Jewelry designing and Sewing among many others.
- Pearl Academy, Jaipur– Pearl academy is one the premier institutions in Delhi which is committed to imparting quality education to their students. The institute has four schools- School of Design, Fashion, Contemporary Business and New Age Business. So, the students can choose according to their field of interest. Pearl academy has been a catalyst for success to students and offers over 40 uniquely designed courses in fashion, jewelry designing, textiles among others.
- Amity School of Fashion Technology– Established in the year 2006, ASFT has been listed amongst the top 5 fashion schools in India. It caters to the professional requirements for aspiring candidates by providing in-depth knowledge and artistic skills required in the field of jewelry designing. The vision of Amity University is to be the leading center of learning and innovation in emerging areas of business and management education.
- National Institute of Jewelry, Delhi– Popularly known as NIJ, the institute was established keeping mind the increasing requirement of skilled professionals in the ever-growing field of jewellery designing. The university was majorly promoted by Delhi State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (DSIIDC) in order to provide an impetus to the growth of gems and jewellery sector in India. Aspiring candidates are eligible for the admission procedure only if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board. Interested candidates can apply directly to the college