Rapid increase in Omicron cases in 3-4days, 5 states record the highest number of cases
11 months ago
According to Dr. Paul, the current surge could be part of Omicron’s global effort. The R-value of India at this time is 1.22, according to the Centre.
The Centre said on Thursday that Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Thane, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Ahmedabad, and Nashik are reporting a steep sudden increase of cases, expressing concern over the country’s overall Covid cases. India’s daily Covid tally has been rising since December 26, according to Lav Agarwal, joint secretary of the health department, speaking at the ministry’s weekly press conference on the Covid-19 situation. According to the secretary, the Centre is in contact with districts that are causing concern.
Health ministry concerned about India’s Covid-19 situation and vaccines
1. The highest number of active COVID cases are in Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu.
2. In India, eight districts have a weekly positivity rate of more than 10%. Mizoram has six, Arunachal Pradesh has one, and West Bengal has one (Kolkata).
3. In India, 14 districts have a weekly positivity rate of 5% to 10%, including 6 in Kerala, 4 in Mizoram, and 1 each in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Jharkhand, and Manipur.
4. The virus is mutating, which creates a need to increase public monitoring, according to the Centre.
5. In response to a question about post-infection immunity, ICMR DG Dr Balram Bhargava stated that immunity lasts for roughly nine months. Dr. Bhargava cited worldwide and Indian studies to say that post-vaccination immunity lasts for about 9 months.
6. Niti Aaayog member (health) Dr VK Paul said, The R-value is 1.22, which means the cases are not shrinking. R-Value signifies the spread of the virus and a value of 1.22 means 100 infected people are spreading the infection to 122 people.
7. Registration & appointment process for vaccination of children & precaution doses can be done on Co-Win. The option of onsite registration is also available. SMS for precaution dose will be sent when due and will also be reflected in vaccination certificate.