IRCTC Ticket Booking Update: Limit to online ticket booking increased
5 hours ago
To make train ticket booking easier for passengers, Indian Railways (IRCTC) has decided to increase the limit of ticket booking in a month. Now, a user ID which is not Aadhaar linked can book 12 tickets in a month. Currently, a user can book a maximum of 6 tickets in a month.
Earlier, the user ID which is Aadhaar linked can be booked only 12 tickets which is now increased to 24 ticket bookings in a month. Also, one of the passengers on the ticket to be booked is verifiable through Aadhaar.
How to Train Ticket on the IRCTC website: Follow the steps
Register as an individual. Registration is FREE.
Login by entering your User name and Password
• Provide your desired From – To station, Date of Journey and Class of travel.
• To find the train list, click on the “Search” option.
The next page displays the list of trains available for the selected route. If you wish to know the route and the timings, click on the Train Schedule link.
To select the train from the train list, click on the type of class available in the selected train.
To book an e-ticket in the selected train, click on the “Book Now” button.
• Passenger Reservation Page will appear; check whether the train name, station names, class and journey date displayed on the page are the same as desired by you.
• Enter the Name of the Passengers, Age, Gender, Berth Preference etc. details for each passenger.
• After providing the correct details, click on the “Continue” button. To change any details related to Train, Class, Quota etc. The “Back” button may be used.
The ticket details, Total fare (including GST & Convenience Fee) and availability of berths at the particular time appear on the screen.
• To change any details related to Passengers, the Back button may be used.
• After checking all details, click on the Continue button for the Payment process
All payment options are grouped under specific categories (viz. Credit cards, Net Banking, Wallets Multiple payment services etc.)
• Select the desired payment option from the displayed Payment Gateway menus.
• Click on the “Pay & Book” button for redirection to the selected Bank website.