International Yoga Day 2023: Theme for Yoga Day 2023 is ‘Humanity’
5 months ago
International Yoga Day has been celebrated every year on 21 June since 2015. The aim of International Yoga Day is to inform people about the benefits of Yoga.
Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice that has its origin in India. Yoga improves strength and flexibility. If you are suffering through illness, or recovering from any surgery, then yoga has become an integral part of the treatment. Yoga improves the shape and flexibility of the body.
With yoga people can manage their stress, anxiety and depression. It purifies the body, mind and soul.
Every year, United Nations General Assembly decided the theme of International Yoga Day. The theme for International Yoga Day 2023 is “Humanity”
Previous Year Themes of International Yoga Day
- The theme of International Yoga Day 2023 is “Humanity.”
- The theme of International Yoga Day 2022 was “Yoga For Humanity.”
- The theme of International Yoga Day 2021 was “Yoga for Wellness”
- The theme of International Yoga Day 2020 was”Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home”
- The theme of International Yoga Day 2019 was “Climate Action”.
- The theme of International Yoga Day 2018 was “Yoga for Peace”.
- The theme of International Yoga Day 2017 was “Yoga for Health”.
- The theme of International Yoga Day 2016 was Connect the Youth.
- The theme of International Yoga Day 2015 was “Yoga for Harmony and Peace”.
Objective of International Yoga Day
- Its aim is to aware people about the benefits of Yoga
- To Spread peace, growth and development in the world
- To Reduce the incidence rate of the disease.
- To reduce health problems
- To promote physical and mental health of people.
- To aware people to adopt healthy lifestyles
- To connect people to nature
- To make people get used to meditation through Yoga
Benefits of Yoga
- It helps to reduce stress – Yoga supports mental health, stress management and gives quality sleep.
- It promotes better self- care.
- It helps in weight reduction
- It improves respiration
- It improves muscle strength – Yoga could strengthen weak muscles. It helps in preventing muscle strain by toning the muscles.
- It improves strength and flexibility – Yoga not only improves strength and flexibility in the body but also lets you perform complex asanas.
- It enhances fitness – Yoga keeps your body fit and healthy and also improves your body metabolism and you feel better.
- It helps people quit smoking.
- It manages anxiety, stress and depression.
- It reduce low back pain
- It improves the quality of life.
- It improves focus.
International Yoga Day Celebration
- Seminars, yoga camps, Seminars and workshops are conducted by government and Non – Government organization
- Gatherings in ground & parks to celebrate Yoga day by doing yoga asanas.
- Talks and Lectures are conducted to educate people about the importance of Yoga.
- Make your Yoga video and share with your friends and give challenges to do the same.
- Encourage friends, family to do yoga.