COVID-19 Lockdown 2.0: MHA Issues new Guidelines for Lockdown
2 years ago
The Ministry of Home Affairs issued new guidelines for containment areas of COVID-19. As the lockdown2.0 has extended till May 3, MHA issue some guidelines. In the guidelines issued by the MHA, the activities getting permission on partially lifting of lockdown April 20 onwards.
Activities continue to remain prohibited till until 3 May
- All domestic and international air travel and rail movements are strictly prohibited for passengers except for security purposes.
- All social/sports/entertainment/political and other gatherings are strictly prohibited.
- Metro rail, bus transport, auto-rickshaws, cycle rickshaws, and cab service sare not allowed.
- Education, coaching institutions, training, etc. shall remain closed.
- All industrial and commercial activities other than those permitted will be prohibited.
- All cinema halls, malls, shopping complexes, gyms, entertainment parks and, auditoriums will remain closed.
- All religious places and religious congregation are strictly prohibited. In case of a funeral, more than 20 persons shall not be permitted.
Activities permitted after April 20
- All agricultural, farming, plantation, fishery, horticulture, shop of farm machinery, spare parts, and supply chain activities will be allowed.
- All health services including AYUSH, Manufacturing units of medical services, pharmaceuticals, and construction of medical infrastructure will be allowed,
- Public utilities like operations of the oil and gas sector, power generation and postal services
- MNREGA works will be allowed with strict implementation of social distancing
- Reserve bank of India and RBI- regulated financial markets.
- Industrial units with access to control in SEZs, townships, industrial estates, and export-oriented units.
- E-commerce operation and call center operation will be allowed
Operations of Guidelines for hotspots and containment areas
- Areas where COVID-19 spread is larger will called hotspots areas.
- In these containment areas, activities allowed under these guidelines will not be permitted. There shall be strict monitor control in the containment areas to ensure that there is no outward motion of the public from these areas except for maintaining