50 Delicious dishes around the World
3 years ago
Different cuisines of different parts of the world tell stories about the place, tradition, and culture.
We’ve searched the worlds’ 50 delicious and best dishes/cuisines for you. Now explore the world of food with these amazing, lip-smacking, and mouth-watering dishes. Hope you’ll control your hunger while going till last!
If you love to explore different tastes and food, this article will tell you the top 50 delicious food from all over the world.
1. Reuben Sandwich (US) – An American dish assimilated with corned beef, delicious Emmental cheese, sauerkraut, and salad dressed with mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce called as thousand island dressing seared between wedges of rye bread.
2. Masala Dosa (India) – A rice-batter crispy round flatbread stuffed with spicy mashed potatoes. It is served with coconut chutney, pickle and vegetable and lentils-based curry called sambhar. Masala dosa is a famous dish from South India.
3. Kedgeree (UK) – A nutritional rice-based dish consists of fish, vegetables and eggs. Rice is cooked with fish flakes and curry; boiled eggs are added over it. Spices and parsley are added to give some more taste to it.
4. Seafood paella (Spain) - As the name suggests this dish is full of sea-animals. Seafood paella consists of Shrimp, lobster, mussels, and cuttlefish cooked with white rice and various herbs, oil, salt, and spices.
5. Som tam (Thailand) – It’s the most famous salad from Thailand. It’s a mixture of items such as peanuts, dried shrimp, tomatoes, string beans, and a handful of grated green papaya mixed with fish sauce, tamarind juice, lime juice, and sugar cane paste. Garlic and chili paste are added to give more taste to the salad.
6. Chicken rice (Singapore) – Chicken rice is the national dish of Singapore. Steamed fragrant oily rice topped with boiled chicken along with sliced cucumber. It’s a simple chicken-rice combo dish. A dip of premium dark soy sauce, chili with garlic and pounded ginger completes the dish and makes a simple dish delicious.
7. Poutine (Canada) – A cheesy and saucy fried potato mix dish. These are the spicy French fries dipped with cheese curds and brown gravy. The dish doesn’t look good in appearance but it will get melt in your mouth.
8. Tacos (Mexico) – A homemade tortilla stuffed with oily grilled beef and sea salt. The dish is topped with guacamole, salsa, onions, cilantro along with different spices to add flavor. This dish can be made in a variety of ways and they differ in their fillings, it can be filled with beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables, and cheese.
9. Butter toast with Marmite (UK) – It’s a toasted bread full of butter. Butter adds a different creamy taste to the dish which gets melt in your mouth. Marmalade adds a yum factor to the dish. The tangy, sour and salty buttered toast might win your heart.
10. Stinky tofu (Southeast Asia) – It’s one of the most iconic dishes of Southeast Asia. This dish has a strong odor that you might not be able to forget. Tofu can be eaten in steamed or deep-fried form; it is always served with soy sauce or chili sauce.
11. Marzipan (Germany) – Marzipan is a famous dessert in Germany. Marzipan is a dish generally made up of sugar, eggs, and almonds. It is covered with chocolate and small imitations of fruits and vegetables are made out of it to decorate the cake and pastries.
12. French toast (Hong Kong) – French toast is a special type of toast, it’s a bread soaked in egg batter and milk and then fried in butter. Bread toast slices are slathered with peanut butter and kaya jam. It’s a mouth watery dish.
13. Chicken parm (Australia) – Chicken Parmesan also called Chicken Parmigiana is Australian cuisine made from Eggplant Parmesan. It is a fried bread chicken breast topped with a sauce made with tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and onion together with melted cheese.
14. Hummus (Middle East) – Hummus is a classic middle eastern dip marshalled by blending chickpeas with a paste made of toasted and ground sesame seeds called tahini along with garlic, citrus, lemon, and spices. It is also commonly eaten in the Mediterranean area. The earliest known record of this recipe featuring hummus bi tahini is documented in cookbooks written in Cairo in the 13th century.
15. Chilli crab (Singapore) – A spicy, tangy rich seafood dish originated from Singapore is concocted with mud crabs, stir-fried with sweet and salty tomato and chili-based sauce. Despite its name, it is not very spicy. It ranked 35 in the world 50 most delicious food.
16. Ankimo (Japan) – A very famous Japanese food made of monkfish liver. The liver is steamed for a few minutes. This food is served with scallions’ sauce which makes it full-flavored Japanese food.
17. Parma ham (Italy) – One of the famous Italian dishes. Also known as Prosciutto, it’s a slice of dry-cured pork. It’s a thinly sliced and usually served uncooked. Ham is the leg part of the pork.
18.Goi Cuon (summer roll) (Vietnam) – It is a traditional Vietnamese dish consisting of vegetables, pork, prawn, and other fillings wrapped in Banh Trang. It is a fresh and healthy dish, full of veggies, shrimp, and meat. They are also called summer rolls. It is a refreshing appetizer served with a tasty dip.
19. Ohmi-gyu beef steak (Japan) – This food is something that cannot be affordable to buy regularly as the price is very high. It costs almost about $40 for a small steak. A highly flavored grilled meat with a dipping of cherry wood smoked sauce is elegant and something flourishing in the mouth.
20. Lechon (Philippines) – It is one of the most famous foods in the Philippines and has a great impact on people’s lives as it has the most popular tradition of roasting pigs. It is prepared by roasting a suckling pig over charcoal.
21. Fajitas (Mexico) – It is a cuisine very much popular in Mexico. It consists of grilled meat served as a taco with a combination of rice. The meat used in this food may be of chicken and other beef. Besides using meat, it can also be prepared using vegetables to retain the vitamins in the food.
22. Champ (Ireland) – Champ is an Irish dish that is rarely found nowadays as most of the ingredients used in it are replaced and have given a new face to it. The main ingredients used are mashed potatoes and chopped scallions with the combination of milk, butter, and some peppers to enhance the flavor of the dish.
23. Boeuf Bourguignon (France) – It is a beef stew cooked in red wine. This food has its taste and is flavored with carrot, onion and garlic. It is garnished with onion petals and mushrooms.
24. Lasagna (Italy) – It is one of the oldest types of pasta. It is made up of layers of flat pasta alternating with fillings like vegetables, cheese and seasonings. Spices such as garlic, basil and oregano are used for the flavorful taste.
25. Croissant (France) – It is a flaky, buttery, viennoiserie pastry made of layered yeast-leavened dough. The laminating process is used for rolling this dish which gives its flaky texture similar to puff pastry. It is famous for its shape and worth the extraordinary effort.
26. Arepas (Venezuela) – Arepas are cornmeal cakes made of ground maize dough. It requires only precooked cornmeal, warm water and salt. These are perfect to fill with any food items because they go with everything. It is very versatile and there are many versions of this same recipe.
27. Bunny chow (South Africa) – It is a South African fast food dish, curry filled in hollowed bread. The curry is made with meat, aromatic spices, chickpeas, and potatoes. You are having a curry in a sandwich but it is a deliciously tasty dish of South African origin.
28. Pastel de nata (Portugal) – A Portuguese egg tart pastry dusted with cinnamon is the most delicious sweet pastry treat! These custard tarts are so addictive that one would not be enough of this combo of blistered, caramelized custard and golden-brown puff pastry.
29. Pierogi (Poland) – These are filled dumplings made by wrapping dough around the sweet or savory filling. The fillings are often fresh quark, fried onions, and boiled and minced potatoes.
30. Donuts (United States) – A doughnut or doughnut is a type of dessert food. It’s made with milk, flour, yeast, and sugar and then it is fried and dredged in sugar.
31. Piri-Piri chicken (Mozambique) – It is made using an African chili sauce known as peri or Piri Piri sauce. Usually grilled and charred chicken is covered with this sauce made using African bird’s eye chili.
32. Rendang (Indonesia) – It is a spicy meat dish which is a rich and tender beef stew that is explosively flavorful. It is cooked together with coconut milk and spicy paste.
33. Tom yum Goong (Thailand) – It is a type of hot and sour Thai soup. It usually includes shrimp but can also be made for vegetarian people with a variety of veggies. It is the most popular recipe of all Thai soups. It is so famous because it could boost the immune system and thus, help fight flu viruses and cold.
34. Penang Assam Laksa (Malaysia) – It is a spicy noodle soup consisting of thick noodles or rice vermicelli with prawn, fish, or chicken. It is so popular in the Southeast Asian region and generally served in spicy soup with rich and spicy curry coconut milk.
35. Hamburger (Germany) – It is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground meat which can be grilled, smoked, or fried and placed inside a bun or bread roll. It is served with often a thousand island dressing.
36. Chicken Tikka Masala (India) – Chicken tikka masala is one of the famous dishes for non-veg lovers. It consists of boneless chicken pieces marinated and cooked in a tandoor. Served with spiced tomato-cream sauce. One can add a mild tomato-cream sauce to chicken tikka. Pieces of boneless chicken marinated in yogurt and curry spices taste great and served on a skewer.
37. Sushi (Japan) – It is a dish prepared from vinegared rice usually with salt and sugar. It is accompanied with a variety of ingredients such as vegetables, seafood and tropical foods occasionally
38. Neapolitan pizza (Italy) – It is a type of pizza made with tomato and mozzarella cheese. It requires only five key ingredients that are flour, salt, water, yeast, and time. It is a crispy, cloud-like pizza made in a wood-burning oven.
39. Massaman curry (Thailand) – It is a rich, mild Thai curry made from cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, bay leaves, cumin, and mace combined with more local flavours like coriander, dried chilli peppers and garlic. It is also flavoured with coconut milk and tamarind. It is easy to make and can get ready under an hour. Generally, it is served over plain white rice.
40. Mushroom and corn cheese balls (India) – These are small crispy balls, made with mushrooms and corn cheese. Its batter is prepared by mixing maida along with salt and spices to give it a tangy taste. Then mushroom pieces are dipped into the batter and deep-fried. Crispy cheesy balls are served with sauce. These cheese balls can be made with potatoes and paneer too.
41. Lahmacun (Turkey) – (A Turkish Style Pizza) It is a crispy, flat pizza. It’s topped with several toppings like lemon juice, meat, and salad. It is then wrapped into half and is separated into parts or pieces by pulling to eat. It is famous as Lamadjo in America.
42. Veg Hakka Noodles – This Chinese food is the center of attraction of all kids living in any part of the country. It consists of fried vegetables combined with noodles with spices to enhance the taste. It is consumed with red sauce or even with chili sauce.
43. Gazpacho (Spain) – It is a Spanish cuisine mostly famous in the southern region. It is a cold soup made of raw vegetables especially consumed during summer because it is refreshing and cool.
44. Manchurian (India) – Manchurian is a very spicy and mouth-watering dish. It is a deep-fried cauliflower dish. Cauliflower is dipped into corn flour batter and fried, then it is again dipped in a sauce prepared with garlic, onion, tomato sauce, soya sauce and green-red chili sauces. Other Manchurians like baby corn and paneer are also tasted great.
45. Taramasalata (Greece) – It is served as a meze. It varies in color from creamy beige to pink. It can also be applied to the bread. Most of the high-quality Taramasalata is always beige.
46. Peking duck (China) – It is a dish that has been prepared since the imperial era in Beijing. The skin is separated and all the excess fat is trimmed from the meat for the coveted crisp and golden skin and dried overnight and roasted to ensure even cooking.
47. Chicken Quesadillas – It is a type of cuisine that is mixed with full of flavors. It consists of a crispy brown exterior filled with loaded chicken and melted cheese with a sprinkled pepper over it.
48. Norwegian Pepperkaker – It’s a European cookie which consists of butter, cream, sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, black pepper, ground cardamom, and baking powder.
49. Veg Cheese Burger – It is a bun loaded with tasty as well as healthy fillings, and with lots of cheese. Veggies are steamed and are dressed with lettuce, onions and tomatoes. One can also use meat to make a non-veg burger.
50. Rolls – Base of the roll is a flat thin bread (of wheat flour dough), slightly baked which is stuffed with different fillings. There are many types of rolls such as Paneer roll (it is stuffed with roasted spicy paneers), Chicken roll (stuffed with pieces of chicken and onion gravy), veg roll (stuffed with veggies like cabbage, capsicum, onion, etc.) and many more.
So these were the 50 popular dishes from all over the globe. Whenever you get a chance to taste any of them, don’t miss it.