23 famous food of Uttar Pradesh
2 years ago
Uttar Pradesh is a northern state and the most populous state in India. It has varied cultures and traditions as like as its food. Uttar Pradesh is not only known for the TajMahal, Kashi, and Kumbh Mela, but it is always in the limelight for its distinctive and gratifying food.
The state capital Lucknow is also known as the Land of Nawab and a trademark of Nawabi recipes whereas, Awadhi has a unique style of cooking in which food is cooked in large pots named handi that takes two to three days to prepare the food. This process is known as ‘Dum Pukht.’
Each street, corner, or district is filled with a variety of flavours and dishes to eat. Whenever you visit Uttar Pradesh, try out the famous food of Uttar Pradesh.
1. Basket Chaat – For hardcore lovers of chaat, Lucknowi Basket Chaat is a crispy and flavorful dish packed with spices, chutney, curd, and many savoury ingredients.
2. Tehri – Tehri is a special dish of Allahabad that is cooked in a single pot. Tehri is made up of rice, different vegetables like potatoes, beans, cauliflower, green veggies, and spices like red chili powder, salt, turmeric, etc. Tehri contains a lot of nutrients and is a very delicious dish.
3. Batti Chokha – Bati Chokha is one of the best dishes of eastern Uttar Pradesh. Batti is made from wheat dough and baked in a mud oven, and chokha consists of potatoes, tomatoes, and brinjal. It is served with green chutney, chaat masala, and desi ghee.
4. Varanasi Ki Lassi – Varanasi Ki Lassi is the most popular Lassi all over India. It is served in Kulhads with some pistachio and cream. It is usually taken in summer to feel cool and fresh.
5. Rasedaar Aloo – Raseddar aloo is a dish using potatoes, spices, saffron flavor, and lemon juice. It is best to serve with puri. Rasedaar Aloo is the most delightful dish of Uttar Pradesh.
6. Baigan Ki Longe – Baigan Ki Longe as the name suggests includes baingan (brinjal) and is stuffed with masala. This Masala is quite spicy and tasty as it has different flavoured spices that make baingan ki longe delicious.
7. Galouti Kebabs – Galaouti Kebab is a dish of Nawabs and the trademark dish of Lucknow. It is a non-vegetarian dish that is very juicy and delicious. Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh is famous for these kebabs.
8. Bhindi Ka Salan – BhindiKaSalan is an Awadhi dish made from crispy fried ladyfinger dipped in the yogurt with a twist of flavored spices.
9. Bedmi – Bedmi is a deep-fried maida puri stuffed with urad dal and masala. Bedmi puri is served with any curry dish to make it more palatable.
10. Lucknowi Biryani – Biryani is the most lovable food of Lucknow that’s why gets the name Lucknowi Biryani. Biryani’s main ingredients are meat, rice, and different spices that make it spicy and tasty.
11. Kulfi Falooda – KulfiFalooda is a famous dessert that includes kulfi and coloredFalooda. It has churned milk flavored with saffron and topping of mixed dry fruits. Kulfi falooda is usually enjoyed in summers.
12. Khurchan – Khurchan is a sweet dish of milk and very similar to Rabri. In Khurchan, almonds, pistachio, sugar, and cardamom powder is added to make it more delicious and finger-licking milk dish.
13. Revari – Revari is a sweet dish that is usually eaten in winters to provide warmth to the body. It is a specialized dish of Lucknow made from white til, sugar syrup, and cardamom powder.
14. Fara – Fara is a very healthy and delicious dish made of rice flour stuffed with moong or urad dal. It can be steamed or can also be fried and served with green chutney. Fara is served as a snack or a main meal too.
15. Gujiya – Gujiya is a sweet dish of Uttar Pradesh especially consumed at the time of Holi. Gujiya is made from maida filled with mawa and dry fruits mixture then deep-fried and dipped in the sugar syrup.
16. Nargisi Kofta – Nargisi Kofta can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian. In this, meatballs or vegetable balls are served with the gravy. It can also be made up of eggs.
17. ShahiTukda – ShahiTukda is a famous sweet dish of the Oudh region. Shahi Tukda is a type of bread pudding made up of bread, milk, saffron, cashew, green cardamom, and sugar. It is a very delicious dish to eat.
18. Agra Ka Petha – After the TajMahal, Agra is well known for its sweet dish Petha. Agra Ka Petha is made up of ash gourd. It is commonly found in every corner or street of Agra in different variations and flavors as paan, gulkand, chocolate, rose, etc.
19. Sheermal – Sheermal is a sweet dish of Lucknow made up of naan that is dipped in butter and honey. Sheermal is one of the best desserts in Lucknow.
20. MakhanMalai – MakhanMalai is the traditional dessert of Awadhi that is usually served in winters. It is made up of milk, castor sugar, rose water, cardamom powder, and cream of tartar. Makhan malai is served with silver leaf, pistachio, and saffron at the top.
21. Balushahi – Balushahi is a special dessert of Uttar Pradesh. The dish is composed of two words, Balu means textured, and shahi means royal that means a royal dish that is textured. It is made up of white flour, deep-fried in oil, and then dipped it in sugar syrup. It is the most popular sweet dish of Uttar Pradesh.
22. Mathura KePedhe – Mathura is famous for two things, first BankeBihariMandir and second Pedhe. Pedha is originated in Mathura and served as a Prashad in temples.
23. BanarsiPaan – BanarsiPaan is the most popular paan all over India. As the name indicates, paan is famous in Banaras (Varanasi), a city of Uttar Pradesh. Banarasi paan has different flavors and colors. In paan, betel leaf is used to wrap all the ingredients. Ingredients contain gulkand, cherry, tutti fruity, and some flavored substances. Paan is of many types like chocolate paan, dry ice paan, Meetha paan, etc. The best time to eat Banarsi Paan is after a meal as it acts as a mouth sweetener.
All these are the most exquisite and flavourful food of Uttar Pradesh. The variety of food of Uttar Pradesh attracts food enthusiasts and food bloggers from all over the globe to have lip-smacking dishes.
I hope whenever you visit Uttar Pradesh, you will definitely try above mentioned famous food of Uttar Pradesh.