World Blood Donor Day: History, Objective & Quotes
3 months ago
World Blood Donor Day is celebrated on 14 June every year. The day is celebrated to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products for transfusion. Many people take part in World Blood Donor Day to save lives of people. Blood Transfusion is necessary when a patient is suffering from Thalassemia disease, anemia disease, blood and bone marrow disorders, Inherited disorders of hemoglobin, women suffering from bleeding during pregnancy and childbirth.
Donating Blood solves the problem of many difficult and surgical procedures around the world. The World Blood Donor Day aim is to give thanks to blood donors. Blood Donation is considered very beneficial for the body. Blood donation can save you from diseases.
History of World Blood Donation Day
The World Health Organization started celebrating world Blood Donor day in 2005. The event was organized for the first time in 2005 by a joint initiative of the World Health Organization and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Since then, World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on 14th June. This day is celebrated on the birthday of Karl Landsteiner.
Who was Karl Landsteiner?
Karl Landsteiner is considered the “founder” of modern blood transfusion. Landsteiner discovered the ABO blood groups in 1901 and developed the modern system of classification of blood groups. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for this discovery. The birthday of Karl Landsteiner falls on 14 June.
Objective of world blood donation day
The objective of World Blood Donor Day is to raise global awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products. The day is also an occasion to thank voluntary & unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gifts in the form of blood. On the Blood Donor Day, it is informed to people that Blood donation benefits the society and donating blood benefits the both donor and the receiver.
What is the age limit of Blood Donating?
The donor age limit should be between 18-65 years. Weight should be minimum 45 Kg and hemoglobin should be minimum 12.5 Grams.
How much blood is taken during blood donation?
400ml blood is taken during the blood donation. After donating the blood, the body gets involved in replenishing the donated blood. If a person takes a better diet in 24 hours, the same amount of blood returns to his body.
Who Can’t Donate Blood?
Those people who are suffering from any disease or have any infection, or who have blood less than 12 Grams or who have got a tattoo done, they cannot donate blood for at least 4 to 6 months.
Motivating Quotes on Blood Donation Day!
- Donate blood and Be a real human being!
- Donate blood and get real blessings.
- Blood donation is the real act of humanity.
- Blood donation is a great social work, must do whenever get chance.
- Opportunities knock the door sometimes, so don’t let it go and donate blood!
- Donate blood and live as a smile at someone’s face forever.
- Donate a life and a precious smile through the blood donation.
- We cannot give God in return of this precious life, but we can Thank Him by helping others through blood donation.
- Donate Blood! Give Life!
- Give blood and save life!
- Donate blood, donate life!
- Donate blood, save life!
- Donate blood, donate smile!
- Donate blood, give a smile to someone.
- Donate blood and gift someone a precious life.
- Your blood can give a life to someone.
- A drop of blood can save a life! Don’t waste it and donate blood.
- Your blood donation can give a precious smile to someone’s face.
- Your blood is very precious to someone’s life.
- You can give smile to many faces through blood donation.
- Donate blood and spread happiness to many families.
- Donate blood and be the reason of smile to many faces.