Cabinet clears ‘AGNIPATH’ scheme for recruitment of youth in the Armed Forces| Advantages
11 months ago
At a press conference on Tuesday, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and the three service chiefs introduced the Agnipath short-term defence recruitment policy. “The Cabinet Committee on Security has taken a historic decision today to approve the transformative scheme of ‘Agnipath’..” “Under this, Indian youth will be given the opportunity to join the armed forces,” the defence minister said. The scheme is called AGNIPATH and the youth selected under this scheme will be known as Agniveers. The first rally of ‘Agniveers’ will begin 90 days from today.
The announcement of the defence recruitment scheme was attended by Army Chief General Manoj Pande, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari, and Navy Chief Admiral R. Hari Kumar.
“Efforts are being made under the ‘Agnipath’ scheme to create a youthful profile of the Armed Forces.” It would help to prepare them for new technologies while also improving their health. This program will increase employment, said Defence Minister of India
The scheme will lead to a much more youthful and technically adept war fighting force by ensuring a fine balance between youthful and experienced personnel in the Armed Forces.
Agniveers enrollment will be undertaken through an online centralised system for all three services. Enrolment will be based on an ‘All India All Class’ basis and the eligible age will be in range from 17.5 to 21 years.
Advantages of the Agnipath Scheme
· A transformative reform of the recruitment policy of the Armed Forces.
· A unique opportunity for the youth to serve the country and contribute to Nation Building.
· Armed Forces profile to be youthful and dynamic.
· Attractive financial package for the Agniveers. The ‘Seva Nidhi’ of approximately Rs 11.71 lakh would aid the Agniveer to pursue his/her future dreams without the financial pressure, which is normally the case for young people from the financially deprived strata of society.
· Opportunity for Agniveers to train in the best institutions and enhance their skills & qualifications.
· Availability of well-disciplined and skilled youth with military ethos in civil society.
· Adequate re-employment opportunities for those returning to society and who could emerge as role models for the youth.
Agniveers will be offered an opportunity to apply for permanent enrolment in the Armed Forces Upon the completion of four years of service.