8 Homemade Face Masks To Treat Open Pores
2 years ago
Healthy lustrous skin what everybody desires. We often spend hours taking care of skin and following strict skincare routines. But the appearance of open pores ruins of all our efforts. These big pores become quite apparent especially around our nose and chin area, making our skin look dull and uneven. Pores are however a natural process of the body as it is through the pores that the body releases excess oil and sebum. Sometimes, due to the formation of excess oil on the skin, the pores get clogged which therefore enlarges the appearance of pores on the skin. These home-made remedies mentioned below will diminish the appearance of open pores on your face and give you healthy, glowing skin.
- BESAN (CHICKPEA FLOUR) AND TURMERIC POWDER– Both these ingredients are well known for their immense beneficial qualities on skin. Besan helps cure open pores by absorbing all the impurities and getting rid of the bacteria which are clogging the pores. The anti-inflammatory properties specially target the open pores and cure uneven skin, thereby rejuvenating it. All you need to make this face mask is 2 tsp of besan, a pinch of turmeric and 1 tsp of yogurt. Make a fine paste of all the ingredients and apply unevenly on your face. Let it sit for 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- HONEY AND LEMON JUICE – The natural enzymes present in honey acts a gentle exfoliator which sheds the dead skin cells and brings out the natural glow of the skin. These two ingredients are a natural skin cleansing agent that helps de-clog the pores thereby nourishing the skin. For this face mask, you will 1 tsp honey and ½ tsp lemon juice. Mix these well and massage gently on your face. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- TOMATO JUICE AND SANDALWOOD MASK– Packed with nutrients and vitamins such as vitamin C, it deep cleanses the skin and clears open pores, thereby lightening the skin. Having anti-bacterial and anti-astringent properties, it works wonders on oily skin and clogged pores. For this face mask, you will need ½ tsp tomato juice and 1 tsp of sandalwood powder. Combine these 2 ingredients well and let it rest for 15 minutes. Gently wash it off with cold water.
- GREEN TEA FACE MASK– The anti-bacterial properties present in green tea help fight bacteria which causes acne, thereby cleansing the pores from excess oil and dirt. It also helps to keep the skin hydrated and moisturized. For this face mask, you will need to add powder to green tea powder and let it sit for 5 minutes. To this, add some besan and combine it well. Apply this to your face and let it dry. Wash it off thoroughly afterward.
- GRAM FLOUR AND YOGURT FACE MASK– High on nutrients and enzymes, it helps bring a radiating look on your face by sloughing off dead skin cells and de-clogging the pores. It diminishes the appearance of open pores thereby giving you an even, lustrous skin. For this face mask, you will need to mix 2 tsp of gram flour and 1 tsp of yogurt. Mix these well apply to your face. Wait until it dries and then gently wash it off with cold water.
- EGG WHITE AND MULTANI MITTI FACE MASK – Research shows the egg white helps un-clog large open pores by absorbing the bacteria an excess oil. It works wonders on skin by tightening the skin and bringing out the natural glow. All you need to make this face mask is 1 egg white and 1 tsp of Multani mitti. Mix these 2 ingredients well and apply them directly to your face. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- OATS FACE MASK FOR OPEN PORES– Rich in anti-oxidizing and anti-inflammatory properties, it helps reduces the excess sebum on the skin and helps clear large pores. Oats are known to have certain compounds which shed dead skin cells and remove the dirt which causes the pores to clog. For this face mask, you will need 2-3 tsp of ground oats, 1 tsp of honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix all these ingredients well and apply on your face directly. Let it dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- PAPAYA FACE MASK– known for its excellent exfoliation properties, papaya sheds off the damaged skin layers thereby getting rid of impurities in the pores. It deeply cleanses the skin from within helping to unclog the pores and get rid of blackheads as well. For this face mask, you will require one fresh piece of papaya and 1 tsp of honey. Mash this papaya and add honey to it and combine well. Apply this face onto your face and let it rest for 15 minutes. Gently wash it off with lukewarm water and see the results.
Large open pores on the skin could become a matter of distress as it causes uneven skin and ruins one’s look. If these pores are left neglected for a prolonged period of time, they can cause severe skin problems as well. However, you would not need to worry about any of this as these DIY masks as super easy to prepare and give you a healthy, even skin tone.