8 Homemade Face Masks to get rid of Blackheads
2 years ago
Ever notice those millions of tiny spots that appear specifically around your nose? Well, these are called blackheads and they are very commonly found in almost every skin type. Blackheads pop up due to clogged hair follicles beneath your skin. These basically are a mild type of acne which forms due to over secretion of oil and sebum in your skin. When neglected for a prolonged period of time, they can lead to further bacterial action leading to painful acne. These easy home-made remedies will help you get rid of all those dark blackheads which are a nightmare for each and every one.
- BAKING SODA MASK- It helps maintain the pH balance of the skin thereby getting rid of excess dirt and bacteria. It acts as an exfoliator which sheds of dead skin cells and blackheads, giving radiance to your skin. All you need for this face mask is 1 tsp baking soda and 2 tbsp of water. Mix these two well and massage even on your skin. Wash it off with lukewarm water and do not forget to moisturize your face well.
- SUGAR, HONEY, AND LEMON JUICE– these are extremely beneficial for getting rid of blackheads. While sugar works a scrub, honey exfoliates and gets rid of all the dead skin cells on your skin. It deeply cleanses and moisturizes your skin from within. For this face mask, you will 1 tbsp sugar, a few drops of lemon juice and 1 tsp honey. Combine these well and massage thoroughly on your face for 10 minutes. Wash it off and cold water and see the difference.
- EGG WHITE AND LEMON JUICE MASK- Egg whites are high in proteins and acts as a natural astringent, which clears up acne and tightens the skin, thereby removing the appearance of blackheads. Lemon juice is one of the best natural bleaching agents which brings a glow to your skin. These 2 ingredients combined together can work wonders for your skin. For this face mask, you will need to mix the egg white and lemon juice nicely and apply it on your skin. Leave it on 15-20 minutes and then gently wash it off.
- OATMEAL AND YOGURT MASK – Oatmeal acts as a natural exfoliator that cleanses the dirt and impurities within the skin thereby giving you radiant skin. Its anti-bacterial properties help remove the blackheads and yogurt deeply moisturizes the skin. All you need for this face mask is 1 tbsp ground oats and 2 tsp yogurt. Mix these two well and apply them directly to your face. Wait until it dries and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- TURMERIC AND SANDALWOOD– Packed with anti-bacterial properties, these are extremely beneficial to get rid of blackheads. Turmeric gently blackheads and impurities and sandalwood deeply nourishes the skin. For this face mask, you will 1 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp sandalwood powder, and 2 tsp yogurt. Mix all these well and apply to your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then gently scrub it off.
- LIME JUICE AND GELATIN FACE MASK- Packed with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, lime juice helps get rid of excess oil and dirt in the skin which helps remove blackheads. Gelatin is excellent to improve the quality of skin as it enhances skin elasticity by working as a peel-off mask. To make this face mask you will need to dissolve gelatin in a bowl of warm water and mix well. Add a few drops of lemon juice in it and apply it to your face directly. Gently peel it off for 30 minutes and moisturize your skin well.
- MULTANI MITTI (BENTONITE) FACE MASK- it is extremely beneficial as it helps clear the toxins and impurities deep within the skin cells. It acts as a cleansing agent by unclogging the pores and getting rid of the blackheads. All you need to make this face mask is 1 tsp of Multani mitti and ½ tsp water. Combine these 2 ingredients well to make a smooth paste and apply directly to your skin. Wait until it dries up and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- CINNAMON AND HONEY FACE MASK- These ingredients are a powerhouse of anti-bacterial and cleansing agents. Astringent properties present in cinnamon help clear the blackheads and does not let oil or dirt settle in. It also helps sloughs out dead skin cells thereby bringing out the natural luster in your skin. Honey keeps the skin well moisturize. For this mask, you will need 1 tsp cinnamon powder and 2 tsp honey. Mix these 2 well and make a fine paste. Apply on your face and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Gently scrub it off and wash your face afterward.
All the ingredients needed to make these face masks can be found easily in every household. So no more procrastinating or lazying around when it comes to fighting those blackheads. The results might be slow to show up, but be consistent and patient to get blackhead-free skin.