20 Famous Indian Fast Food
2 years ago
In India, you can see hawkers selling fast food on every street, and hence it is also known as street food.
Indian street food is famous all over the world because of its delectable taste, variety, and easy accessibility. Indian fast food or street food can be found in every part of the country with its own special touch. Not only Indians, but foreigners are also die-hard fans of Indian fast food. If you are a foodie and can’t resist the street flavours, this article is for you! The 20 famous Indian Fast food that will make your mouth water.
Top 20 famous Indian Fast Food
1. Samosa – It is one of the popular Indian spicy snacks. Samosa is a triangular-shaped fried or baked food; its dough is prepared from white flour, ajwain – mangrail along with salt, and some red chilli powder to give flavour. It is usually filled with spicy potatoes and onion mixture and served with sauces.
2. Manchurian – Manchurian is a very spicy and mouth watery dish. It is a deep-fried cauliflower dish. Cauliflower is dipped into corn flour batter and fried, then saute with garlic, onion, tomato sauce, soya sauce, and green-red chili sauces. Other Manchurians like baby corn and paneer are also tasted great.
3. Chole Bhature – Originated in north India, it is one of the famous traditional street food all over India. Chole is a curry made by boiled chickpea mixed with spicy gravy and bhature is a fried bread made up of white flour (maida). Best Served with onion and green chutney salad. It is a delicious, spicy, and mouth-watering food.
4. Pav Bhaji – All the way from Mumbai Maharashtra, pav bhaji is one of the famous Indian snacks. Bhaji is a spicy curry-based dish including various vegetables in a thick gravy style. It’s served with Indian round bread called Pav. Pav is roasted with butter or ghee before serving.
5. Pakora – It is a fried snack famous all over India and its neighboring countries too. Mostly its batter is made with Besan (Black gram flour) and sometimes with boiled and crushed moong dal along with salt and spices according to an individual’s taste. In this batter, a variety of vegetables like potato, onion, bottle-guard, brinjal, cauliflower are dipped and fried, then served hot with tomato sauce.
6. Mushroom and corn cheese balls – These are small crispy balls made with mushrooms and corn cheese. Its batter is prepared by mixing maida along with salt and other spices to give a tangy taste. Then mushroom pieces are dipped into the batter and deep-fried. Hot Crispy cheesy balls are served with sauce. These cheese balls can be made with potatoes and paneer too.
7. Masala French Fries – These are crispy long potato fries. Masala French fries are simple potatoes that are cut into pieces. Then the pieces are deep-fried, sprinkled with salt and other spices. Crunchy golden fries are then ready to be served with tomato sauce.
8. Rolls – A roll is a flat thin bread (of wheat flour dough) stuffed with different fillings and then slightly baked. There is a variety of rolls based on the fillings inside. For e.g. Paneer roll (it is stuffed with roasted spicy paneers), Chicken roll (stuffed with pieces of chicken and onion gravy), veg roll (stuffed with veggies like cabbage, capsicum, onion, etc.) and many more.
9. Patty – Patty is a flat crispy fast food. A Popular snack among school and college students made from maida stuffed with veggies in a veg patty, with crushed paneer in paneer patty and with eggs in egg patty. The hot patties are served with tomato sauce.
10. Veg Cheese Burger – It is basically a bun loaded with tasty as well as healthy fillings and a lot of cheese. Veggies are steamed and are dressed with lettuce, onions, and tomatoes. One can also use meat to make a non-veg burger. Other substitutes like soya beans and hara bhara kababs can also be used if you love a lot of green veggies in your food. You can also add a soya cutlet if you like a soya meal.
11. Pasta – It is a starchy noodle or dumpling food made from grain flour like wheat. It is a famous dish that can be found in any country’s street food. Its spicy taste attracts many people. It can be made with different items to give different flavors. Red sauce pasta, white sauce pasta, and vegetable pasta are some common pasta variety.
12. Chicken Tikka Masala – Chicken tikka masala is one of the famous dishes among non-veg lovers. It consists of boneless chicken pieces marinated and cooked in a tandoor. It is served with spiced tomato-cream sauce. One can add a mild tomato-cream sauce to chicken tikka.
13. Pizza – Famous among all ages of people, Pizza is usually the round, flattened base of dough topped with a lot of veggies and cheese. One can add vegetables as per their choice. Baked at high temperature so that veggies get a little soft and mixed with cheese. Pizza is served hot with tomato ketchup, chili flakes, and oregano.
14. Sandwich – A sandwich is a type of food in which vegetables, cheese, and other ingredients are placed on or between the slices of bread. One can find many varieties of sandwich-like cheese grilled sandwiches, egg sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, etc. It is liked by almost every people because they can have it like the way they want.
15. Noodles – A fast food made from unleavened dough shaped into long strips or strings. You are having the perfect noodle if each and every strand of noodle can be separated from each other. It’s one of the famous street foods because it is easy and fast to make. Vegetable noodle is the most common form of noodles that is available at every food corner.
Famous Indian Street Chats
16. Bhelpuri – Most liked chat of India, one can find this in almost every street of India. This chat is made from puffed rice (murmure), roasted peanuts, sev or mixture, onions, tomatoes, chat masala, lemon juice, salt & coriander leaves. To add more taste different types of chutneys (sauces) are also added to it.
17. Dahi Papdi Chat – It’s one of the famous Indian street foods. Papdi is a crispy cracker made from maida (white wheat flour). Papdi is topped with spicy crushed potatoes, flavorsome curd along with chopped onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, black salt, and red chili powder. One must try this chat as its crispy papdi will burst in and spicy flavorsome curd will melt in your mouth.
18. Sev Puri – Sev Puri is another Indian snack and a type of chat. Sev is a small long and thin shaped mixture made from gram flour, deep-fried, and has a salty taste. Puri is a small crispy ball filled with boiled potatoes, chopped onions along with spices and chutney and at last, the sev is sprinkled over it to give a crunchy and mouth-watery taste.
19. Pani Puri – Pani Puri is the heart and soul of the Indian chat. Most famous chat of India to which no one can deny to eat. It tastes great when spicy potatoes filled in hollow crispy puri, spicy tangy water, and sweet sauce (chutney) are mixed together.
20. Aloo chana chart – Aloo means potatoes and chana refers to boiled black gram or chickpea. Spicy, tangy and lemony flavor crushed potatoes are mixed with chana along with chopped onions, coriander leaves and red chili powder. It tastes awesome and leaves an unforgettable taste in your mouth.
As now you have the list of India’s best street food, wake the foodie side in you, and have all of them once in your life.