World Cuisines: 10 Best Food Culture
3 weeks ago
Food is a way to establish and express relationships between one another!!
It is necessary for humans to get all the nutrients from food in order to survive and be healthy. The requirement of energy and nutrients are different for different age groups. People living in different countries are having different cultural food. The type of food you consume can directly influence your biological functions of life. It’s necessary to maintain a proper diet and health, whatever you eat, it should fulfill the basic needs of a human body.
Sometimes it’s fine to give more importance to our tongue than health!
This article will take you to the World’s 10 best food cultures. It will tell you about a variety of food that exists in the world.
1. Italian Food – Italy has many traditional foods, but perhaps no other sums up to give the very essence of Italian cooking better than the pizza. Pizza Neapolitan also is known as Naples-style-pizza is one of the best dishes in Italy. Neapolitan pizza is basically a flatbread topped with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. Pizza dough is prepared by mixing wheat flour, natural yeast, brewer’s yeast, sea salt, and water. It’s mostly kneaded by hand or sometimes with a low-speed mixer. There are different variants of this pizza but the original one is called Pizza Margherita. It’s a delicious baked bread with tomato and creamy mild mozzarella cheese toppings, tangy sauces, and fresh basil spread over it. Other than this there are many Italian dishes which will definitely attract most of the crowd, such as Lasagna (Bologna), Gelato, Panzanella, Focaccia, Spaghetti Alla Carbonara and many more. Many people are crazy about Italian food. Italian dishes are a blend of flavors that leave an unforgettable taste in the mouth.
2. Indian Food – India tops the list of countries when it comes to vegetarian food. India is also famous for its spicy finger-licking dishes. Indian food combines several spices and vegetables resulting in rich curries with a mouth-watering, spicy taste. The Cooking method of India differs from the rest of the world, it reflects a perfect blend of various cultures and ages. Each state of India represents different cultures which can be seen in the variety of food they serve. Some of the famous food is Dosa from South India- a rice pancake made from the fermented batter usually served with sambar and chutney (Some more south Indian foods are Idly, Medu Vada, Ven Pongal, Puttu and many more). Biryani from Hyderabad is famous in all over India. Chole Bhature, a luscious meal from Punjab, Rogan Josh originated from Kashmir, Stuffed Bati from Rajasthan. A bowl of kheer (made with condensed milk, khoya, cream, and nuts) is an ultimate winner when it comes to dessert in India. Indian Tea is famous in all over the world is a beverage mixed with traditional herbs (medically beneficial). It’s also known as chai. Cardamom, clove, and ginger add a pleasing flavor and aroma to the tea.
3. Mexican Food – Mexican cuisine flaunts a variety of dishes and desserts. Flan (dessert) is a butter-filled custard with a layer of caramel on top. Burrito is a gorge on the delicious tortilla (wraps stuffed with spiced minced meat). Chicken Quesadillas a perfect snack or a mini-meal is a half-moon wrap stuffed with fillings which include rotisserie chicken, bell pepper, salsa verde, corn, avocado, salt, and pepper. Tomato Salsa is a mix of chopped fresh tomatoes, chilies, onions, cilantro, some lime juice, and seasonings, tangy salsa dip offers a perfect balance of freshness and earthy flavors. Enchiladas is a soft corn tortilla stuffed with fillings, dangled in sauce, and perfectly baked. Many more dishes from Mexico such as guilt-free chili, red snapper vera Cruzan, guilt-free chicken tacos, Mexican yogurt dip, and so on are world-famous.
4. Thai Food – Thai cuisines means “hot”. Thai food is hot and spicy, chewy, slippery, crunchy, sour, and salty all in one. Thai cuisine is a combination of different flavors. Tom Yum Goong (spicy shrimp soup) is a bold refreshing blend of chili, galangal, fragrant lemongrass, lime leaves, and fish sauce. Gaeng Daeng (red curry) is a popular Thai dish made up of red curry cooked in coconut milk and meat. Thai style fried noodles straight from the streets of Thailand are salty and have a balanced touch of sour and wonderful roasted flavor. Khao Pad (Fried rice), Pad Krapow Moo Saap (Fried Basil and pork), Tom Kha Kai (chicken in coconut soup), and Som Tum (Spicy green papaya salad) are some of the special dishes of Thailand.
5. French Food – Boeuf Bourguignon also called beef burgundy is a classic French beef stew made with red wine generally flavored with carrots, garlic, and garnished with pearl onions, mushrooms, and bacon. Boeuf Bourguignon is the most liked food in France. Potatoes Dauphinoise is a sliced potato baked in milk or cream. Out of all the ways to cook potatoes, this is the best way as it gives a smoky flavor to the dish. Chicken Corden Bleu is a dish of meat wrapped around cheese and pan-fried is a crispy delicious food. Croque Madame, Jambon Beurre, Croissants, Lyonnaise salad are some of the famous food of France.
6. Greek Food – Greek foods are loved for their Zestiness. Taramasalata is one of the most liked dishes in Greece. This is a creamy blend of pink or white fish roe with either potato or bread base. Moussaka- a potato-based dish including ground meat also having sliced eggplant baked in a ground beef sauce and then smothered with white sauce is the best cuisine. Courgette balls, Fresh fish, Grilled meat, Feta and cheeses, and Honey & baklava are some of the traditional Greek dishes one must try while traveling to Greece.
7. Japanese Food – Japan is scrupulous in everything they do include their cooking. White rice is their staple food which is combined with other dishes to complete the meal. Their cooking style is based on “Rule of five”. They use five colors (black, white, red, yellow, and green), five cooking techniques (raw food, grilling, steaming, boiling, and frying) and five flavors (sweet, spicy, salty, sour and bitter) in cooking. These principles can be found in every Japanese meal. Some best traditional Japanese dishes are Sushi, prepared vinegar rice (usually with some sugar and salt), Tempura (dish of batter and fried fish, seafood or vegetables), Yakitori (Bite-sized cuts of chicken grilled on a skewer), Tsukemono pickles, kaiseki, Udon (chewy noodles), soba (noodle dish) and any more.
8. Spanish Food – Spanish food is cooked with great passion. They display so much color to food and have excellent taste. Paella- a rice dish is perhaps the most famous Spanish dish of all. Patatas bravas is made-up of potatoes (cubed and shallow fried) and served with mayonnaise and a variety of sauces. Gazpacho, a tomato-based Andalusian soup most famous for being served cold. Tortilla (Spanish omelet), churros (a popular snack made from fried dough pastry), Croquetas (tubes of bechamel sauce encased in fried breadcrumbs), Albondigas (meatballs in tomato sauce), Migas, etc. are some of the legendary dishes spoken of in almost hushed tones by Spaniards.
9. Turkish Food – Turkish cuisines are perfect for hardcore foodies. Turk’s Meatballs (Kofte) are the balls or patties made of lightly cooked ground beef or lamb often served in wraps with salad and pita bread. Lahmacun (Turkish Style Pizza) is a crispy, flat pizza. Basically it’s a bread topping with minced meat, salad, and lemon juice wrapped in half and pulled apart to eat. Menemen (Turkish egg Delicacy) is a dish of scrambled eggs cooked in Sautéed vegetables, mostly taken in breakfast. Turkish Patty, Iskender Kebab (Strips of Lamb), Corba (Turkish soup), Pilav (Turkish Pulao), Borek (Spinach or meat-stuffed), and pistachio are some of the delicacies Turkish Dishes you can expect.
10. Chinese Food – China’s food culture is different from the rest of the world. Chinese meal will have two things- noodles or rice (starch) and fries. Dumpling is a piece of dough wrapped around a filling. Hotpot is one of the most popular meals in China. It is preferred by people because rather than ordering just Fired Rice and Chow Mein all the time it gives people a different taste. Hot pot is a perfect combination of different tastes like salty and earthy in one meal. Cantonese cuisine is famous all over the world for its distinct style. Veg Hakka Noodles, Peri Peri Chicken Satay, Honey Chili potato, Chicken with Chestnuts, and many more dishes from China will leave an unforgettable taste in your mouth.
It does not matter from which country you belong; food is something that we all have in common. Food connects life on earth. Food is a medium which connects people and countries together.