WORLD AIDS DAY 2019: Some Precautions every person should know
10 months ago
World AIDS Day is celebrated on 1 December. AIDS Day is celebrated every year on 1 December to spread awareness about AIDS throughout the world. AIDS is Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is a chronic, potentially life-threatening condition caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). By damaging your immune system, HIV interferes with your body’s ability to fight the organisms that cause disease. HIV is a sexually transmitted infection (STI).
On this day, NGOs, government organizations, civil societies, and other health authorities organize many events to make people aware of AIDS. The year 2019 theme has been ‘World Aids Day – Ending the HIV / AIDS Epidemic: Community by Community’. It recommends that Communities of people living with HIV and community health workers can play a key role in the HIV response.
In 1988, it is announced to celebrate World AIDS Day every year on 1 December. In the year 2007, World AIDS Day was marked with a red cross ribbon.
AIDS can affect any age group of people. Even today about 36 million people are living with AIDS. In which 1.6 million infections were in people aged 15 years and above and about 160,000 children in the age group of 0-14. But if we look at the previous figures, it has already improved a lot. This shows that many people have become aware of this, but looking at these figures, we can say that even today there are many people who are not fully aware of AIDS.
The main objective of celebrating World AIDS Day is to increase the prevention and control measures for AIDS globally, provide technical support for AIDS treatment, testing, and antiretroviral therapy and fight against it by making people aware of AIDS.
The various precautions a person should take to avoid AIDS are:
1. You should use a condom while having sex to avoid its infection. As the main cause of AIDS is unsafe sex.
2. Always use a new syringe for taking and giving injections.
3. HIV virus does not spread by joining hands, eating and living together thus never discriminate if someone around us has AIDS.
4. Never use blade that is being used by an HIV infected person.
5. AIDS patients should start antiretroviral therapy at their nearest health center so that they can lead a happy and fulfilling life.