WhatsApp Update: Now users have a shopping cart option for easy shopping
2 months ago
Facebook-owned WhatsApp in a blog mentioned that as people are using the messaging apps more and more for shopping through chats, thus to make their buying and selling process easier, the company bring carts to WhatsApp. The new carts feature on WhatsApp is available globally from December 8.
Business catalogs on WhatsApp allowed people to quickly see what’s available and helped them to organize their chats around particular items. With carts, people can now browse a catalog, select multiple products, and send the order as one message to the business. This will help businesses to keep track of order inquiries in an efficient and simple way, they can also manage requests from customers and close sales.
How to place an order using the cart
Adding products to cart
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to your chat or business profile of the business you’d like to order from.
- Tap on the shopping button icon listed next to their name to access their catalog.
- Once the catalog opens, browse through the products you’d like to order.
- Tap on the product you like.
- Tap ADD TO CART on a product if you’d like to order.
Editing your cart
- Tap VIEW CART to see all the products added to your cart.
- Tap ADD MORE if you wish to navigate back to the catalog to continue adding more products.
- You can also edit quantity for each product added to your cart.
Placing an order
- Once you’ve successfully updated your cart, you can send it to the seller as a WhatsApp message.
- Once sent, you will be able to see the details of your order by tapping on the VIEW CART button in your chat window with the seller.