Types of Necklace Design
6 months ago
Women have been adorning themselves with jewelry since time immemorial. Jewelry, in Indian culture has always been a matter of tradition as Indian consider jewellery of every kind to be auspicious and they are an integral part of every occasion or ceremony. Jewels in India are known far and wide due to their intricate, detailed and colorful patterns which are bold and eye-catching. These impeccable pieces of jewels have become more than just a mere piece of metal and has become a status symbol. People are always on the look-out for latest trends and in search for unique panache which will take their style factor up a notch. Among the plethora of jewelry and ornaments available today, necklace has been the most talked about piece of jewelry which greatly enhanced the beauty of women. There endless choice available for women’s necklaces that will thoroughly complement your outfits and will give an edge to your looks.
- Chokers- is a kind of neckpiece that has recently gained immense popularity owing to their magnificent designs and variety. Chokers perfectly complement your traditional or casual look and enhance your beauty. A distinctive feature of this neckpiece is that is worn close to the neck, mainly highlighting your neckline structure. These have become a piece of indispensable jewelry as a bridal trousseau. Multi-layered chokers can be teamed up well with sarees or lehengas.
- Opera necklaces- these chic and sassy necklaces will instantly amp up your fashion quotient owing to their vibrant and bold look. They can be compiled and worn as multiple strands because of their long length. These necklaces is perfect for your go-to party look or casual evening dinner and can highly elevate your look. Opera necklaces can be teamed up with western wear outfits which is light around the neck thereby giving you a minimalistic yet classic look.
- Sautoir necklace- this piece of jewelry is usually made of pearls or beads and is known for its elongated design. Its distinctive feature is tassels hanging from each end along with a removable pendant. This magnificent kind of neckpiece is usually long and has a number of beads fitted within the necklace. Sautoir necklaces highly accentuate the look of the wearer when worn as a scarf around the neck.
- Riverie necklace- this kind of necklace are mostly short in length and are strung magnificently with a line of precious gemstones. The name ‘reverie’ is emblematic to the rivers in France in reference to how the necklace gracefully flows around the neck. This vintage piece of jewelry has an open back setting and is embedded with gemstones which give the effect of a shinning continuous stream right around the neck.
- Bayadere Necklace- this necklace symbolizes the pattern of braids and is often called a braided necklace. They are made of pearls or beads which they twisted over the entire length. The tassels or threads attached at the end of these necklaces enhance the beauty of this jewelry. These can be easily teamed up with traditional as well as casual wear and highly elevates your look.
- Bib necklace- these are designed with a substantial band and gives a bold look to the wearer. It is usually made up of a number of beads or gemstones and is donned quite high up on the neck perfectly defining the collar bone. The magnificent stones encrusted in the jewelry come in different strands or tassles which adds a uniqueness to one’s style. These one statement peice of jewelry adorns the bridal trousseau impeccably and can be found in circular or triangular shapes of designs.
- Festoon necklaces- this type of necklace has beautiful drapes or swags of beads that form a unique design and pattern. They are mostly fitted with white or rose-colored gemstones with pendants attached to it at the end. The lustrous and bright gemstones encrusted in the jewelry perfectly adorn all your attires and enhances your beauty. In architectural terms, a festoon typically related to a carved ornament depicting an arrangement of foliage further suspended by ribbons. This piece of jewelry is an exact replica of it and is also a famous vintage necklace.
- Collar necklaces- as the name suggests, these necklaces sit right above the collar-bone and look absolutely stunning when teamed up with turtle neck or boat neck dresses. They are available in a range of designs such as pearls, beads or kundans. Materials used in the necklace can also range from gold-collar fitted with a gemstone to rhinestone. A thick contemporary collar necklace is a must-have in every woman’s wardrobe as it perfectly complements your petite tees and dresses and highly elevates your look. For traditional wear, one can go for little heavy collar necklaces that are encrusted with stones and beads.
- Pendant necklace- Pendants are small elegant pieces of jewelry which are usually suspended from a necklace. Pendants are beautifully crafted small ornaments that are available in different colors and designs. Pendants are made from a range of materials like ribbon, diamonds, gemstones or chord. Since time immemorial, Pendants have been used as religious as well as safety proposes. But, Pendants are largely modernized with time and are used for jewelry which greatly escalates thehe beauty of the wearer. Be it your petite dresses or your traditional saree or lehenga, this evergreen piece of jewelry gives one a minimalistic yet voguish look