Noni Juice Benefits and Side effects
2 months ago
Have you ever heard the name of a fruit called Noni? the name may sound weird to many but yes Noni is a fruit that is known for its medicinal properties and has been used since ancient times.
Noni Juice is derived from the fruit Morinda citrifolia commonly known as Indian Mulberry. Earlier the Noni fruit was used to treat conditions like constipation, skin infection, diarrhea, and pain but today its juice is commonly used. Noni Juice is used as antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and immune-enhancing food.
Noni fruit is bitter in taste and has some distinct odor which you can observe in its juice also, thus noni juice is often mixed with other fruit juices (Tahitian Noni Juice) to mask its bitter taste and odor. Talking about Noni juice nutrient concentration, it contains carbs like most fruits, Vitamin C, biotin, Folate, and small amounts of magnesium and potassium.
5 Health benefits of Noni Juice:
1. Increases Stamina: Noni Juice may combat fatigue, tiredness in the body and helps to increase the physical endurance or stamina. It boosts the energy level and enhances physical endurance because of its antioxidant property.
2. Skin Moisturizer: Being a powerful antioxidant agent, Noni juice works as a wonderful moisturizer when applied daily to the skin. The juice has the power to replenish and heal the skin. It also reverses the sign of aging.
3. Alleviate arthritis: Having anti-inflammatory properties makes Noni juice good for arthritis pain. It reduces inflammation because of its antioxidant and analgesic nature.
4. Improves Immune system: Being rich in Vitamin C, Noni Juice supports or improves the immune system by combating free radicals. Beta carotene present in the juice helps in this process.
5. Reduce Cell Damage: Tobacco smoke exposure produces toxic levels of free radicals in the body. This causes cell damage and many ailments like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Noni juice can reduce this cell damage because of its antioxidative nature. Tobacco smoking is harmful to smokers and for second-hand smoke exposure people as smoke contains certain chemicals that bind to cells and cause a tumor.
Side Effects of Noni Juice:
We’ve discussed the benefits of Noni Juice above but some safety measures must always be followed while using Noni Juice. Its overconsumption can cause liver problems. People with liver disease including hepatitis C and hepatitis B are recommended to avoid the use of Noni Juice because of its hepatotoxic (toxic to the liver) and carcinogenic compounds.
Due to high potassium content in Noni juice, it is unsafe for people with chronic kidney disease and those who are taking blood thinners. Always consult your doctor before taking Noni Juice to prevent side effects.
Everything has benefits and side –effects but overall, noni juice is likely safe. However, check with your medical provider if you’re taking certain medications or have kidney problems before taking Noni Juice.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.