Jewelry Designing Courses in India
9 months ago
A course in jewelry designing is considered to be as one of the most innovative and creative subjects as it is an art that uses aesthetics to sculpt ideas into iconic jewelry creations. Jewelry, in Indian culture has always been a matter of tradition as Indian consider jewelry of every kind to be auspicious and they are an integral part of every occasion or ceremony. A jewelry design course essentially involves furnishing the students with artistic ideas and imagination which further helps them create exceptional pieces of jewelry like neckpieces, earrings and rings etc. It typically entails applying design, aesthetics and exquisite art to jewelry and accessories. The jewelry designing courses offered by various colleges provides extensive knowledge as well as exposure in the design field so as inculcate in them a superlative design aptitude and skill-set. Below we are listing the major courses in jewelry designing offered by various colleges in India.
- Diploma in Jewelry Designing– It is short, 6-month course in Jewelry designing which inculcates and nurtures creative art in their enrolled students. The course equips one to become a jewelry designer by teaching them varied skills such as cutting, engraving and polishing the quality of various gems and metals. It seeks to expand knowledge of applied design, strengthens perceptual and philosophical concepts, and develops an individual mode of expression. Any student is eligible to apply for this course only if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board. expands knowledge of applied design, strengthens perceptual and philosophical concepts, and develops an individual mode of expression
- Jewelry Design Foundation Course– this essentially involves learning to create original designs in jewelry, mainly to adhere to the newfangled and ever-changing trends. One of the top skills which is taught in this course is basic sketching and later transforming into 3D drawing. Detailed lectures and explanations involving the shape and type of settings, theory and designing of Traditional Indian Jewelry layout and detailing, technical drawings, how to draw precious stones help students gain in-depth knowledge about this course.
- Under-graduate Course in Jewelry designing- It is a 3-year long under-graduation program which seeks to equip the students about the intricacies and technicalities of jewelry design, promoting, branding and management. It majorly focusses on inculcating in student’s creativity, innovation and critical thinking abilities along with a strong business acumen. The course components involve both theoretical lessons and participation in workshops, exhibitions, shows. Any student is eligible to apply for this course only if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Masters of Fine Arts Jewelry Designing– This 2-year long course in jewelry designing course helps students acquire in-depth knowledge and competencies in key areas of jewelry manufacturing and designing. The course is structured in such a way so as to establish a platform for the emergence of innovative ideas and thoughts to flourish. Hands on project, combined with field trips and group studies helps the students gain in-depth knowledge in the field of jewelry designing. This full-time course involves presentation of thesis or dissertation in the last semester which includes extensive research and a formal exhibition of a body of work.
- Accessory Designing- It is a full-time 4-year course in accessory designs which is offered by NIFT and various other colleges with an aim to promote creative thoughts in students to establish a platform for new ideas and a powerful personal expression. The course is designed in such a way that includes a spectrum of knowledge transaction methods via group work, Field trips, internships, self-study, presentations & reflections. Through the curriculum which immerses the students the traditional craft techniques, they will inculcate an understanding of the broader cultural and social context of design.
- 3D Jewelry Designing Course- Technology has revolutionized the design industry and has made possible the transfer of ideas into expression. CAD, which stands for Computer-Aided Designs describes the use of various computer software to create 2D and 3D jewelry designs. The 3D jewelry designing courses imparts extensive knowledge about the technicalities and uses of CAD, within the metrics, scale and proportions of the software. With in-depth knowledge about CAD/CAM technology, students can create 3D designs in jewelry with great precision and ease. A diploma is 3D jewelry designing course is offered by various colleges in India and abroad with eligibility criteria being successful completion of their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Diploma in Diamond Grading– This course is ideal for students who wish to gain in-depth knowledge about the various types of diamond. The course seeks to impart technical expertise needed to grade, buy, and sell diamonds with the insight of an establish professional. The course introduces various fundamental aspects to the students such as diamond grading procedures to assess the 4Cs – color, clarity, cut and carat weight and how they affect diamond value. The course is structed in such a way so as to train the students about plotting diagrams; determining fluorescence; and detecting treated diamonds, laboratory-grown diamonds and diamond simulants. Any student is eligible to apply for this course only if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board.