Food of Telangana – 15 famous food of Telangana
3 weeks ago
Telangana Cuisine has a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes that are quite spicy. The main ingredients of Telangana cuisine are tamarind, sesame seeds, red chili, and asafoetida.
Roselle is a staple ingredient used in the preparation of curries and pickles. Hyderabad– the capital of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh has its own flavors and most popular for Karachi Biscuits and Biryani.
Also read : Food of Andhra Pradesh
Here is the list of famous food of Telangana –
- Sarva Pindi – Sarva Pindi is a famous breakfast dish of Telangana. It is a pancake prepared from rice flour, chana dal, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies. The mixture of grains, pulses, and spices makes it a lip-smacking dish.
- Malidalu – Malidalu is prepared with chapati pieces combined with a mixture of jaggery, cashew, pista, and ghee. Malidalu is a nutritious dish.
- Sakinalu – Sakinalu is a festive snack prepared from rice flour, specially prepared during the festival of Makar Sankranti. Sakinalu is the traditional dish of Telangana. There are two types of Sakinalu, plain and KaramSakinalu.
- Garijalu – Garijalu is also known as Kajjikaya, prepared with a sweet filling of grated coconut, sugar, and a flavor of cardamom. The origin of Garijalu is not known but it is famous in Telangana for years.
- Pachi Pulusu – Pachi Pulusu is one of the most popular dishes in Telangana. This dish prepared from tamarind, onions, green and red chilies, jaggery, curry leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, and other spices, garnished with coriander leaves and served with rice.
- Golichina Mamsam – GolichinaMamsam is a spicy mutton fry dish, prepared with blazing masala, onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Hyderabadi Biryani – Hyderabadi Biryani is of two types, Kachchi Goshtki Biryani and Pakki Biryani. This dish is prepared with marinated meat, rice, and a variety of vegetables and spices cooked in a big handi.
- Chegodilu – Chegodilu is a crunchy snack, toasted with sesame seeds and then deep-fried, giving a unique nutty flavor to it.
- Polelu – Polelu is also known as Bakshalu is the traditional dish of Telangana. It is a mixture of jaggery, chana dal, ghee, and cardamom powder. Polelu is prepared during festivals like Ugadi and Ganesh Chathurthi.
- Qubani ka Meetha – Qubani ka Meetha is prepared with dried apricots, cooked with a combination of sugar, ghee, saffron, and almonds. It’s a delectable dessert, without it, Hyderabadi weddings are incomplete. It is usually served with ice-cream, custard, or malai.
- Thunti Koora – Thunti Koora is a spicy curry prepared with red sorrel leaves and served with jowar or bajra chapatis. Red sorrel is good for health as it is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Protein.
- Potlakaya Pulusu – Potlakaya Pulusu is a traditional vegetarian dish of Telangana also known as snake gourd soup. This dish is enriched with Vitamin C.
- Rail Palaram – Rail Palaram is a breakfast dish in Telangana prepared with rice flour. The rice dumplings are steamed and sauteed with curry leaves, urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, coconut, and lots of chilies.
- Bachali Kura – Bachali Kura is prepared from a leafy vegetable known as Vine spinach or Ceylon spinach, tomatoes, green chilies, onions, ginger, and garlic.
- Puntikura Chana Dal – Puntikura Chana Dal is a curry dish of leafy vegetable cooked with Chana dal. Puntikura Chana Dal is a popular dish of Telangana cuisine.
All these are the famous and most lovable Telangana dishes. So, try out all these flavorful and elegant dishes of Telangana state.