Food of Haryana – 17 famous food of Haryana
8 months ago
Haryana is a land of agriculture and cattle. Here people grow vegetables, crops and cook their food by themselves.
People of Haryana live simple and eat simple food. Their food mainly includes pure milk of cow and buffalo, homemade butter, and ghee.
Here are the famous foods in Haryana cuisine –
- Singri ki Sabzi – Kair Singri is famous not only in Haryana but also in Rajasthan. It is prepared by soaking ker sangri in turmeric water with a pinch of salt and then blended it with different spices including amchur, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, ground mustard, sugar, and salt, and yogurt. Ker Sangri ki Sabzi is best served with dal ke paranthe.
- Besan Masala Roti – As the name indicates Besan Masala Roti, the main ingredient is gram flour, little whole wheat flour, ghee, and masala consisting of cumin powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, red chili powder, green chili paste, and salt.
- Mixed Dal – Mixed dal is the staple food of Haryana, prepared by mixing four to five protein-rich pulses like chana dal, toor dal, masoor dal, and moong dal. Cooked with tomatoes, curd, garam masala, and ginger-garlic paste in pure desi ghee and served with jeera rice and paranthas.
- Hara Dhania Choliya – Hara Dhania Choliya is a curry of green chana and a variety of vegetables with onion, tomato, red chili powder, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, and turmeric. It is served with roti or paranthas.
- Kadhi Pakora – Kadhi is a gravy prepared from yogurt and gram flour. Adding fried pakoras in it enhances the flavor. This dish is the specialty of Punjab as well as Haryana.
- Malpua – Malpua is a sweet pancake that is fluffy and soft. Garnished with ghee and sugar syrup and served with rabri.
- Mithe Chawal – Mithe Chawal is a famous dish of Haryana, prepared by using basmati rice, ghee, sugar, and flavored by adding cardamom and saffron.
- Bajara Khichri – Bajara Khichri is the popular food of Haryana. It is prepared by soaking Bajara overnight, bajara with moong dal cooked in a cooker along with aromatic spices. Bajara is good for health and specially prepared during winters.
- Bhura Roti Ghee – Bhura Roti Ghee is a sweet dish prepared with powdered sugar known as bhura, ghee, and roti. This dish is served as a dessert in Haryana.
- Bathua Raita – Bathua Raita is a yogurt recipe prepared with chopped bathua, cumin powder, red chili powder, yogurt, and salt. Bathua is rich in many vitamins and worked as an antioxidant. This dish is served with all meals of Haryana.
- Bajara Aloo Roti – Bajara Aloo Roti is a healthy staple food of Haryana, prepared with a mixture of bajra flour, mashed potatoes, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, garam masala. It is usually served with white butter to make it more delicious.
- Kachri ki Chutney – Kachri ki Chutney is not only famous in Rajasthan but also in Haryana. This dish is prepared from ground Kachri, garlic, onion, spices, and yogurt. It is the most delightful dish of Haryana.
- Methi Gaajar – Methi Gaajar is a delicious dish having some spiciness and sweetness. It is prepared with methi, gaajar, garam masala, salt, and a pinch of sugar. This dish is served with roti.
- Alsi ki Pinni – Alsi ki Pinni is a popular sweet dish of Punjab as well as Haryana. It is prepared with alsi, whole wheat flour, sugar, ghee, nuts, and cardamom powder. Alsi is high in fiber, omega 3, iron, and potassium making the dish more healthy and savory.
- Tamatar Chutney – Tamatar chutney is spicy, prepared with tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices, salt, and a pinch of sugar. It is served with pakoras, or with any meal.
- Dahi Vada – Dahi vada is the famous dish of North India prepared with ingredients like yogurt and vada. The vadas are plain pakoras, added sweet yogurt along with different chutneys, chili powder, salt, and cumin powder.
- Rajma Chawal – Rajma Chawal is the famous dish of Haryana prepared with red kidney beans and a mixture of a variety of spices. Rajma is good for health as it is rich in protein.
Haryana cuisine has a unique fragrance of mother earth, that makes Haryanvi cuisine a must to try the food. Try the cuisine of Haryana whenever you visit Haryana.