Food of Chhattisgarh – 14 Top dishes of Chhattisgarh
1 month ago
Chhattisgarh is known as the “Rice bowl of India,” as Rice is the staple food of the state. Chhattisgarh cuisine also includes wheat, millets, rice flour, lentils, bajra, maize, and jawar as the main ingredients. Chhattisgarh food has the influence of its neighboring state, Jharkhand on its cuisine.
Here is a list of 14 top and famous food dishes of Chhattisgarh that you must try to experience the food culture of India.
- Muthia – Muthia is the delicious steamed dumplings prepared with rice batter and garnished with coriander leaves and sesame seeds. Muthia is not only popular in Chhattisgarh but also loved by Gujarati people.
- Aamat – Aamat is the sambar of Chhattisgarh cooked with mixed vegetables, aromatic spices, and ginger garlic paste. It is traditionally prepared with bamboo shoots to add a unique flavor to it.
- Chilla – Chilla is the most loved food in every household of Chhattisgarh. It is a pancake prepared from rice batter and Urad dal. Chilla can also be prepared by besan, coriander leaves, water, and onion. Paneer is the optional ingredient in chilla.
- Bhajia – Bhajia is the famous street food of Chhattisgarh prepared with gram flour. It is of various types such as Mirchibhajia, Onion Bhajia, and AlooBhajia. The Addition of aromatic spices enhances the taste. Bhajia is enjoyed with a cup of tea and green chutney.
- Sabudana ki Khichdi – Sabudana ki Khichdi is one of the most delicious and healthiest dishes of Chhattisgarh, as well as all over India. It is prepared by soaking Sabudana and adding Peanuts and deep-fried onion to make it relish.
- Bara – Bara is the most delicious snack of Chhattisgarh prepared from fermented Urad dal. In this, chopped chili, fresh coriander, and onion are added. It is a type of pancake served with tomato or tamarind chutney.
- Faraa – Faraa is a desi styled momos prepared using rice flour and spices. Urad dal paste can also be added as a filling. It is served with ghee, aloo gobhi ki sabzi, momos chutney, and green chutney.
- Tilgur – Tilgur is also known as Til ke laddoo prepared from sesame seeds dipped in dark jaggery syrup along with roasted peanuts. It is a famous sweet dish in Chhattisgarh as well as in Uttar Pradesh and especially served at the time of the Makar Sakranti festival.
- Khurma – Khurma is a famous sweet dish of Chhattisgarh prepared with milk and vermicelli. The roasted vermicelli is added to boiling water with sugar syrup and dry fruits.
- Bafauri – Bafauri is the dish cooked in chana dal flour with various vegetables and flavorful spices. The balls prepared from the dough of chana dal flour are steamed. It is a famous and healthy dish of Chhattisgarh.
- Dubki Kadhi – Dubki Kadhi is a pulse-like dish cooked with the curd. In this, pakoda of gram flour is added with the tangy curry and aromatic spices. There are various types of Kadhi, such as ArbiKadhi, BhindiKadhi, etc.
- Mahua Juice – Mahua juice is prepared from a fruit known as Mahuwa. Mahuwa fruit is soaked in water and then grind. Lemon, salt, and jaggery are added to enhance the taste of the juice.
- Dal Pithi – Dal Pithi is a famous dish of Chhattisgarh that is also known as Dal kaDulha, prepared by adding small roti into the dal and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. This dish is prepared on festivals and special occasions.
- Lavang Lata – Lavang Lata is the delicious dessert in Chhattisgarh cuisine. It is a deep-fried, crispy dish soaked in sugar syrup and has sweet texture.
All these are the lip-smacking dishes of Chhattisgarh that you will surely love it. So try the cuisine of Chhattisgarh and satisfy your taste buds when ever get a chance.