Dussehra 2020: 5 life lessons to learn from Ravana
4 months ago
Dussehra – an Indian festival that celebrates the victory of good over evil. Dussehra is celebrated to mark the Lord Rama’s victory over Ravana for killing him for his evil deeds. Although the king Ravana is considered as Demon as he kidnapped Devi Sita and kept under his kingdom, but he was the lord Shiva devotee who had the knowledge of six shastras and four Vedas. He had 10 head and 20 arms that all were blessed by Lord Shiva.
As we all know everything has two sides, positive and negative, the same Ravana also had. His scholastic and devotion falls short in front of ego, pride, and sins but his character has given some really important life lessons to us all that we should remember in our life to succeed.
5 life lessons given by Ravana are:
1. Keep your close ones always close to you: This is in the context of his brother Vibhashana
2. Never be overconfident of anything in life, instead of getting a victory in every deed.
3. Do good things as soon as possible and bad things late.
4. Don’t think your enemy too weak.
5. Secret should always be secret, it shouldn’t be revealed to your near and dear ones too.
This year Dussehra is going to celebrate on October 25, 2020, but due to a coronavirus outbreak, the traditional pattern of celebrating the Dussehra by burning Ravana’s effigy is not allowed.
HAPPY DUSSEHRA !!