Dentures or Dental Implant: Which one is the best fit?
4 months ago
Tooth loss can occur due to one or another reason which makes people lose their confidence, they try to hide their mouth or avoid smiling altogether. But tooth loss can be corrected using dentures and Dental Implants. Dentures and Dental implants have their own pros and cons that every individual should know before undergoing any smile restoration process.
Here’s a quick chart showing the comparison between Dentures and Dental Implant.
- Dentures are basically the false teeth that are used to cover the tooth loss.
- Dentures decrease jaw bone quality.
- Denture causes discomfort as they can slip. They are attached with adhesives.
- They require deep cleaning.
- Dental implant serves as an actual replacement.
- A dental implant helps in preserving the remaining weak jaw bone.
- A dental implant is safe, secure and highly comfortable.
- They are easy to clean.
- Expensive treatment but lasts longer.
- Less expensive but the cost of adhesives, replacements, cleaning solutions make it expensive. Its effectiveness is also less.
But ultimately, you have to check with your dentist to get a specific treatment for you. Every patient is different and every mouth is not identical. Your treatment may be very different than your neighbor’s and therefore will have a different cost.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.