Dental care need during pregnancy
3 months ago
Maintaining good oral health is necessary for all. Being pregnant doesn’t mean that you will overlook your dental health, but it is more important to keep check on it during this time. It’s a time to keep your oral health at check because if it is not taken into consideration, then it can affect child health too.
Some of the basic care tips given by Dr. Sachin Mittal are:
- Pregnant women should eat balanced diet and brush their teeth thoroughly after every meal to prevent any infection.
- Your dentist should know that you are pregnant so that he can postpone elective dental procedures till delivery.
- Rinse your mouth out with water or a mouth rinse if you have bouts of frequent vomiting.
4. Your dentist should know the other medications that physician has prescribed you. It will be then easier for him to alter dental medicines according to the information.
5. Never skip dental health checkup appointment. Pay particular attention to any changes in your gums during pregnancy. If tenderness, bleeding or gum swelling occurs at any time during your pregnancy, talk with your dentist or periodontist as soon as possible.