Know meaning of Cosmetic Dentistry by Dr. Sachin mittal
1 year ago
Cosmetic dentistry, a term refers to the change in the smile by improving the appearance of gums and teeth. It focuses on improving the teeth color, shape, size and alignment. A dentist will be able to help you determine which one will work the best in brightening your smile. There are many procedures of doing cosmetic dentistry. It depends on each patient’s need and appearance.
Some basic procedures that include in cosmetic dentistry are:
- Cosmetic Teeth Whitening: to whiten the stained or discolored teeth, teeth whitening is the facility which is also called as ‘Teeth Bleaching’. People who have discolored or teeth having darker shade are supposed to undergo this technique. Not everyone’s teeth can be bleached. It is necessary to ask the dentist prior to undergo whitening.
- Cosmetic Dental Implants: It’s a technique in which metal device made out of titanium is placed in the jawbone to replace the missing teeth. It act as a support system which helps in anchoring artificial tooth.
- Teeth Reshaping: when dentist remove or fill the enamel, to change the shape of the tooth is called as Reshaping. It is used to alter the shape, size and color of the teeth.
- Cosmetic Tooth Bonding: it is a process in which dental like material is applied to tooth’s surface which is sculpted according to other tooth shape and later on get hardened and polished. This process is used in case of cracked and broken teeth to repair them.
- Dental Veneers: These are porcelain laminates that are bonded to the teeth. They are custom made. These are used to treat crooked tooth, discolored teeth, chipped teeth or even to cover spaces in between the teeth.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns, also called as caps, are tailor made to fit over the whole tooth. They are usually made out of acrylic or porcelain that has been fused to metal to withstand biting pressure. Crowns can be used in cosmetic dentistry to treat teeth that are poorly shaped, badly decayed, broken, chipped, have had large fillings, or to cover spaces in between teeth.
What you have to change and how it will be changed, it is better to discuss with your dentist. He will prescribe you the best cosmetic dental procedure according to your needs. Consult the cosmetic dentist only, not every dentist is capable of doing these procedures.