B.TECH (CSE) Scope, Salary, Jobs: Engineering career
1 week ago
Bachelor in Technology (Btech) in Computer Science Engineering is offered by many universities in India as well as abroad. Universities offer undergraduate as well as post-graduate degrees in Computer Science Technology.
The ever-increasing technology industry also increases the demand for Computer Science Engineers. Candidates who are doing their Bachelor in engineering with their major in Computer Science Engineering (CSE) are further required to improve their skill set as per the current industry requirements. They can also go for a master of technology in the respective field. Skill sets that are required in a Computer Science Engineer are:
- Strong Data Structure Skills
- Strong Programming Skills
- Strong Algorithm Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Basics of Machine Learning
- Basics of Vulnerabilities
- Basics of Cryptography and Cyber Security
- Web Development
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving Skills
- Attitude of Learning new Things
Some of the well-known jobs in Computer Science Engineering are:
- Software Engineer: Software Engineers are the ones who design and maintain the software.
- Software Developers: Software Developers are the ones who develop and update the software.
- Computer Programmer: Computer Programmers are the ones who wrote code for the software and operating systems.
- Research Analyst: Research Analyst collects data information via the internet to do some research.
- System Database Administrator: They take care of security, integrity, and performance of the database.
- System Designer: System Designer helps to maintain the structure of the database.
For these career options, one can seek opportunities in government as well as in the private sector. The advantage of the Computer Science Engineering branch is that you can get a high package government job with the right skill set and knowledge.
Various government departments where you can seek current openings for computer engineers.
- Center for Development of Advance Computing (CDAC)
- Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO)
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd. (HEC)
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Vizag Steel
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC)
- National Informatics Centre (NIC)
Various exams through which you can get into above mentioned Government Sectors are:
- To get into defense services you have to appear in the CDS (Common Defense Services) exam and qualify that exam according to the cutoff.
- For getting a job in the railway sector as a junior engineer or section engineer you have to clear exams like IRS (Indian Revenue Services) or RRB (Railway Recruitment Board).
- To get jobs in Nationalized Banks you have to clear IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection).
- For getting jobs in PSUs like SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited), BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited), or NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) then you have to clear GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) examination with a signified score.
- For other PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings) like BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, and Oil India Limited you have to clear the written exam conducted by the respective organizations.
- Also, by clearing IES (Indian Engineering Services) exam you can get top class jobs in the government sector with high packages.
Further, you can find jobs in off or on campus recruitment. Placement drive in various universities and colleges takes place when you are in penultimate or final year of your course. During these drives you have to go through two stages. First is aptitude test where your logical approach and quantitative skills are judged. Second is a technical test where your technical knowledge about core computer science subjects is checked.
Technical test consists knowledge of different computer languages, data structures and various algorithm. If you clear the first stage of aptitude test then only you are eligible to give technical test.
Private sector companies offering jobs to Computer Science Engineers are:
After doing Computer Science Engineering and getting into the above-mentioned companies, you can easily get an average salary of 7 to 8 lakhs per annum. After gaining some sort of experience in such companies, you can expect your salary to be double or triple of the former amount. Or if you go abroad for studying Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Computer Science Engineering then you can earn in 7 figures too.