Abacus: An easy way to learn Maths for children
1 year ago
Being a parent, every couple wants their child to be superior to other. They want them to be perfect in every aspect whether it is intellectual, social, physical and emotional. Every child is different and their capabilities are also unique. Some children are good at English, some are at Maths and some are at science. But parent worries most when their child hates Maths. Maths seems to be difficult for many children as it includes adding, subtracting and calculations of big numbers using formulas. But a technique known as Abacus is introduced now a day which makes Maths interesting and easy to learn for the children. It is proved to be successful method of learning Maths if introduced at an early age.
What is Abacus?
Abacus is a counting frame constructed on bamboo frame with beads sliding on wires. The device is used to do addition, subtraction, multiplication, division etc. Learning abacus at an early age has some benefits that will help in the overall development of the child apart from learning maths only.
Benefits of Abacus:
- Fasten calculations : The best advantage of learning abacus is that it helps in fastening calculations. Child can do calculations at an ease.
- Stress Buster: Abacus helps in removing stress from the child. Its practice reduces anxiety level.
- Simulates Sensory organs: As abacus device involves working of hands, fingers and eyes in coordination , it helps in simulating brain and its parts; thus increases brain efficiency.
- Boost Memory Power: Abacus helps in enhancing memory retention as one has to remember how many beads he has counted earlier during the calculation.
- Concentration level Increases: As child has to be vigilant which beads he has counted and which beads have to be count, thus abacus helps in improving the concentration power of the child.
These are only some of the benefits a child can get by learning Abacus. If you are stressed that your child is not good at maths, do not worry; enroll him/her in the abacus classes for fun and entertaining learning method of maths.