8 myths about weight loss you should not believe
9 months ago
Myth is disbelief or misconception about anything that is believed by us for centuries. Myth is not the truth or fact about a statement.
Weight loss can be achieved under proper guidance but many of us get trap among some myths about weight loss. Weight loss is not easy for everyone, we believe it, but this is a myth, not a true statement. Alike, there are 8 more myths about weight loss as follows –
1. Skipping a meal helps to reduce weight – Skip a meal and weight will start reducing, it sounds very easy but results are in vain. It only makes you feel starving, tired, weakness, and lack of essential nutrients. By meal skipping, you feel hungry, and to satiate the hunger, you do overeating which can reverse the result. So, skipping a meal is a myth, and the fact is that don’t skip a meal but eat in a small amount and eat often.
2. Fat will increase your body fat – This is a myth that all fat increases the fat in the body. The fact is this not all fats are bad for the body. If your aim is to have a toned and slim body, avoid fast food and greasy items that have tons of saturated and trans fats. Some healthy fats are required by the body for brain and skin health. Healthy fat crushes the cravings and fuels weight loss.
3. Carbs increase weight – Carbs increase body weight is a myth. Carbohydrate-rich food like vegetables, whole grain, and fruits are a part of a healthy diet and need of the body. Avoid refined carbs like sugar and refined grains, they will surely increase your weight.
4. Weight loss supplements help to reduce weight – Some people think that weight loss supplements help in reducing weight but their results are ineffective. Supplements don’t reduce the weight but your body becomes habitual to these slimming pills and can cause harm to you. That’s why never fall for the lucrative advertisements of weight loss supplements.
5. Drinking plenty of water reduces your weight – Your body is made up of 70% of water and drinking water is very essential for the body. But it helps you to reduce weight is not always true. Yes, drinking plenty of water can make you feel full and cut your snack time but it will not help you for a longer time.
6. Exercise helps you to reduce weight – The only exercise can help to reduce weight is not a true statement. Exercise and calorie intake plays an important role in your body weight. Fewer calories consumed and more calorie burn helps to reduce weight. So, food and exercise both will help you to reduce weight.
7. Dairy products will increase your weight – Dairy products like milk, yogurt, cheese, and butter will increase weight is a myth. Dairy products include protein, Vitamin D, and calcium which make your muscles and bones strong and also provide energy to the body. Only unsweetened and unflavoured dairy products have low calories and will not increase your weight.
8. Eating at night will increase your weight – Eating at night will not increase your weight but the wrong food choices at night can surely do. If your taste buds crave after dinner then take some whole food item not junk food. Spicy and fatty junk food increases your weight as it is heavy and after sleeping your body won’t digest it whereas whole food gets digest easily and satisfy your hunger too.
Except for all these myths, drinking alcohol and sleeping more will increase the weight are also some misconceptions among people. Do complete research on every topic before believing in any myth.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Jugaadin.com does not claim responsibility for this information.