8 Homemade Face Masks for Dry Skin
8 months ago
While people are busy complaining about oily skin, dry skin is no less than a headache. Their skincare routine mostly includes tons of body moisturizers, exfoliators, and toners. Life without constant moisturizing seems next to impossible. Flakiness, dry patches, irritation are some of the problems commonly faced by people with dry skin. If you find these problems relatable, keep on reading to know some of the most effective and effortless solutions to treat dry skin issues.
- CUCUMBER FACE MASK – Packed with cooling and hydrating elements, cucumber is one of the most effective solutions for people with dry skin. It relieves the irritation and itchiness on the skin thereby making it soft and supple. To make this face mask, you will need ½ cucumber and 1 tsp sugar. Peel and mash the cucumber well and add sugar to it. Combine this well and leave it on your face for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- MULTANI MITTI AND HONEY FACE MASK– It is excellent for any skin type as it moisturizes the skin and improves blood circulation. It provides all the major nutrients to the skin thereby keeping it hydrated. For this face mask, you will need 1 tbsp Multani mitti and ½ honey. Combine these two ingredients well to form a smooth paste. Apply directly on your face and wait until it dries up. Wash it off with cold water to get a well moisturized, healthy skin.
- SANDALWOOD FACE MASK- also known as Chandan in India, it does miracles on dry skin by treating dry patches and flakiness. It contains properties which deeply cleansing and moisturizing the skin, thereby giving a radiant skin. For this face mask, you will need 1 tsp sandalwood and 1 tsp rose water. Combine these two ingredients well to make a smooth paste. Apply evenly to your face and wait until it dries up. Wash it off with cold water afterward.
- WATERMELON FACE MASK- Having high contents of nutrients and water, watermelon is ideal for treating dry and dull skin. It is high on anti-oxidants and is the powerhouse of Vitamin C which enhances the production of collagen and helps keep the skin healthy. To prepare this face mask you will need 1 tbsp of fresh watermelon juice and 1 tsp of honey. Mix them together and massage on your face. Gently wash it off after 20 minutes.
- ORANGE PEEL FACE MASK- It contains a high content of citric acid which aids in skin exfoliation thereby getting rid of flakiness and dead skin. Orange has high amounts of vitamin C which are extremely beneficial for your skin. For this face mask, you need 1 tsp of mashed orange peel and 1 tsp of yogurt. Apply to your face directly and let it dry. Wash thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- ALOE VERA FACE MASK – The enzymes present in the plant help exfoliate the skin and sloughs off the dead skin cells and flakiness. It deeply nourishes and moisturizes the skin. For this face mask, you need fresh aloe vera extract and 1 tsp honey. Mix this well and apply evenly on your face. Let it rest fr 15 minutes and gently wash it off with lukewarm water.
- CURD FACE MASK – Because of the high content of lactic acid present in curd, it helps exfoliate as well as moisturize the skin well. It helps improve the blood circulation thereby helping you get healthy radiant skin. For this face mask, you will need, 2 tbsp yogurt, 1 tbsp honey a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix these well to form a fine paste and apply on your skin. Rinse it off thoroughly after 20 minutes.
- AVOCADO FACE MASK- Avocados are extremely beneficial for our skin as it contains massive amounts of Vitamin E, water to keep the skin hydrated and boosts collagen which prevents irritation and flakiness on skin. Avocados can help you with almost every skin problem and keep your skin healthy and glowing. All you need to make this face mask is 1 mashed avocado and 1 tsp honey mixed well. Massage gently on your skin and rinse it off after 10 minutes.
These simple, homemade face masks are excellent for treating the irritation caused on the skin due to dryness. It soothes and rejuvenates your skin to give a healthy glow which you always desired for. So, go ahead and try these to get amazing results. But remember, these are chemical-free and homemade so the results will show up gradually